Proper readback for approach clearance?

Right 320, 2600 until established, cleared ILS 35, 121.2, Mooney 642, good day

I thought you only used type on initial call up?
I never bother with tower numbers, if I don't already have them ready to be flip flop, I'm way behind.

I thought you only used type on initial call up?
I never bother with tower numbers, if I don't already have them ready to be flip flop, I'm way behind.

I've always used type and full N number on initial call, then type and last three on all remaining transmissions.

Negative.... Just send for it and it prints.
Wasn't sure. We don't have the ground clearance function in the new jets(or if we do, no one has used it yet) but do have CPDLC. When we get flight plan changes, altitude changes, etc. it has us acknowledge the clearance. I want to say in the transmission log it shows that it send a message to center saying "Callsign XX has accepted" but it has been months since I've taken the upgraded jets over the ocean. Don't really feel like digging through the GOLD to see if that is a required function or not.

By regulation, but I've always done it and I've never been chided.
Me neither :D But I've always felt uncomfortable and so I don't do it. Besides it impresses my non-pilot wife when I rattle off a full tail number like that. :rofl:

But don't you hit "ACCEPT" in the box?

Nope, just request it and it displays on the screen. Also can be printed out if equipped w/ a printer. I'm sure when it's sent the controllers have a way of knowing you've received your clearance via PDC. In ATL ground won't allow you to taxi if you haven't received a clearance, PDC or via radio.

Back