Prop Overhaul Shop Recomendation

Indiana_Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Flying "B"
My annual is coming up soon and I am thinking it will be time to send my Sensenich Prop off my 180 for an overhaul. Can you guys recommend anyone close to Indiana/Ohio ? Or if I had to ship, how is this shipped (freight) ? I am working with a new A/P that is doing my annual in my hangar and I think I may have to work out the logistics on my own for this one..

Stay away from the shop in Windsor conn. Not happy with their work.

Stay away from the shop in Windsor conn. Not happy with their work.
Do you mean New England Propeller? Just got the prop from our Comanche back from them. What are the complaints?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Frankly, I've had excellent support on my Hartzell propeller at the Sensenich shop in Lancaster, PA. I wouldn't hesitate to actually send my Sensenich prop there.

Do you mean New England Propeller? Just got the prop from our Comanche back from them. What are the complaints?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

They sent my prop back from overhaul,so far out of balance ,vibrated the panel loose,sent it back ,still had to have it dynamically balanced. Had it overhauled ,for a nick,another time ,had a leading edge separation shortly after. Have had previous overhauls without any problem,it was an MT prop.

Last edited:
Truck-freight rates are quite reasonable. It makes little difference to the total whether you ship it one or three states over.

A two-blade prop fits into a minivan or SUV. It may be the quickest and easiest just to drop it off at the overhaul shops dock.

I dropped my prop off at Tiffin yesterday...

I just had a prop strike, back in Dec. Prop was removed & sent to Palm Beach Aircraft Propeller, West Palm Beach, Fl.
Larry is the GM. Great communicator, always able to give you status, etc. The work they did was SUPER. Prop is like new. They did suggest the dynamic balance, after 20 hours or so, & I will do it. The prop was dynamically balanced 2 years ago & was super smooth!
Great Shop, Great work.

My annual is coming up soon and I am thinking it will be time to send my Sensenich Prop off my 180 for an overhaul. Can you guys recommend anyone close to Indiana/Ohio ? Or if I had to ship, how is this shipped (freight) ? I am working with a new A/P that is doing my annual in my hangar and I think I may have to work out the logistics on my own for this one..
I hope he is a IA and not just a A&P doing your Annual.

Back