Prop control knob

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
182 - if I wanted to replace my black knob with blue, is it big labor? From what I can see advertised as parts, the entire cable assy would need replaced.

Next option - blue paint?

(Between this post and the one about not all my cowl fasteners matching, I sound like a raving lunatic?).

Depends on what you have. If you have a vernier, it's probably a "replace the hole cable" deal. Still usually not THAT involved. I replaced my throttle and prop cables early on. If you have an older non-vernier knob, you may be able to replace just the knob. Paint definitely works.

No, it is not a terribly hard job to do.

Mine is black too (74 177) and when I replace it, it'll be a blue McFarlane. Cheaper and better. I've changed my mixture vernier and it is an easy task.

Are these on certified planes? There may be paperwork involved in making the change (blue is typically a prop control).

Are these on certified planes? There may be paperwork involved in making the change (blue is typically a prop control).

Yes, quite a few manufacturers used black for props in the old days. I think most of us replace [as needed] with blue because it has become standard.

Tape 'er off and start sprayin'....
(no warranties expressed or implied) :)

paint_template-1

Fusion for Plastic®
The revolutionary No-Prep, Superbond Paint for Plastic® now makes painting plastic possible.

• No sanding or priming required
  • Bonds easily to most plastics, PVC, resin and more
  • Fast dry; fully chip-resistant after 7 days
  • Features EZ Touch 360°® Dial Spray Tip
Dry to touch:
  • 15 minutes
Dry to handle:
  • 1 hour
For use on
  • Wood, Metal, Wicker, Wrought Iron, Plastic, Hard Vinyl, Glass, Plaster, Ceramic, Paper, Paper Mache

Tape 'er off and start sprayin'....
(no warranties expressed or implied) :)

paint_template-1

Fusion for Plastic®
The revolutionary No-Prep, Superbond Paint for Plastic® now makes painting plastic possible.

• No sanding or priming required
  • Bonds easily to most plastics, PVC, resin and more
  • Fast dry; fully chip-resistant after 7 days
  • Features EZ Touch 360°® Dial Spray Tip
Dry to touch:
  • 15 minutes
Dry to handle:
  • 1 hour
For use on
  • Wood, Metal, Wicker, Wrought Iron, Plastic, Hard Vinyl, Glass, Plaster, Ceramic, Paper, Paper Mache
And in case you were confused, the paint color in the photo is NOT blue.

:rolleyes:

Back