Proof that Trade-A-Plane Advertising works...

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Today I got a call from a gentleman in Idaho, who said he'd seen my ad in TAP for ferry service (I started to get excited at this point) and he had a Skyhawk he needed ferried to......

England. (yes, the country).

I told him that I was sorry, but I only did domestic/canada work at the moment, and had no experience taking a small airplane across a big ocean, and wished him good luck.

I know there are folks who do this work regularly, but as Harry Callahan said: "A man's got to know his limitations." I'll leave the pond hops for flightsim until I get a chance to apprentice with someone who's done it a lot.

Today I got a call from a gentleman in Idaho, who said he'd seen my ad in TAP for ferry service (I started to get excited at this point) and he had a Skyhawk he needed ferried to......

England. (yes, the country).

I told him that I was sorry, but I only did domestic/canada work at the moment, and had no experience taking a small airplane across a big ocean, and wished him good luck.

I know there are folks who do this work regularly, but as Harry Callahan said: "A man's got to know his limitations." I'll leave the pond hops for flightsim until I get a chance to apprentice with someone who's done it a lot.

Recommend Bill Cox from Plane & Pilot magazine.

He's made the Atlantic crossing many times.
http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/content/2004/jan/xc_ferrydogs.html

that sounds like fun
anyone got a wet suit? :D

I'd do it. Would need a gumby suit though.

I sold my last plane through tap.......went in 1 day

I would have jumped at the opportunity. That is my dream. I think people throw too much emphasis on the danger of flying across the ocean. You're far enough north that its not that far of a jog across the water (4 hours at a time, pretty much). If the engine fails over the water, you're dead. But to me, that's as acceptable as knowing that if my engine fails over the mountains, I'm dead.

I would have jumped at the opportunity. That is my dream. I think people throw too much emphasis on the danger of flying across the ocean. You're far enough north that its not that far of a jog across the water (4 hours at a time, pretty much). If the engine fails over the water, you're dead. But to me, that's as acceptable as knowing that if my engine fails over the mountains, I'm dead.
What skills might you require?

Yeah, I could use some practice peeing in an airplane. I've only done it once, and it wasn't pretty.

As a side note, did you know that pee will eat through jeans?

Yeah, I could use some practice peeing in an airplane. I've only done it once, and it wasn't pretty.

I'm not sure I want to know why you know that. :eek:

I did not know that...nor did I ever really want to. I do, however, think that you need to drink more water and less muriatic acid, perhaps. :goofy:

Back