promotion and big ol' raise

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
three glasses of champagne later....

my boss told me shortly before the end of the day that my much anticipated promotion and RAISE came through. yeehaw!

you may call me Madame Director now! my goals are to get my PPL this spring/summer (maybe even finish down at my new place in SC) and to be even more insufferable if possible. :blowingkisses:

Congratulations. First thing to do after getting that license is to buy a plane so you can fly down to HXD instead of going commercial...:yes:

alright Elizabeth! Dinner's on you tonight, eh?

NC Pilot said:
First thing to do after getting that license is to buy a plane so you can fly down to HXD instead of going commercial
Damn right Mark! Let the razzing begin until Elizabeth relents and buys a plane! Timing might be off, though, as she'll probably want something that burns Jet A after that ride down to Mexico.

woodstock said:
...and to be even more insufferable if possible.
Why, yes, I do think that's possible. :D :rofl:

(see?... the razzing begins)

Congrats!

-Rich

rpadula said:
Damn right Mark! Let the razzing begin until Elizabeth relents and buys a plane! Timing might be off, though, as she'll probably want something that burns Jet A after that ride down to Mexico.

Why, yes, I do think that's possible. :D :rofl:

(see?... the razzing begins)

Congrats!

-Rich

doh!!

thanks everyone!

off to bed. champagne makes me sleepy. heh.

Mark - my realtor's first words to me when I called her were "buy a boat slip!"

erm, one hobby at a time, thanks! :D

Congrats, Elizabeth!

Now you ARE the man... You're a boss, right?

woodstock said:

Be sensible now, (you may be giddy with power) and make it an flying amphib boat slip.

Last edited:
Congratulations. Dave has the right idea. Make that slip so that an amphib will dock there. Then get your float rating right after you finish your PP-ASEL.

Congratulations! Now see about setting policy regarding employee flights on GA! You've got POWER!

WOOHOO!!!!! Can I help ya spend that raise by finding the perfect plane?!?!?!?!?!?

Good job Elizabeth! Does this mean more time in the corporate jet?

Dan

woodstock said:
my goals are to get my PPL this spring/summer (maybe even finish down at my new place in SC)

Are you moving to the plance in SC? I was under the impression this was an investment/rental property.

BTW, Get a plane, Beth.

woodstock said:

Hobby?? Slips are turnng into investments. Like GA hangars, boat slips are in high demand. Rents are outrageous and some are even going "condo". Not finding a slip delayed the purchase of my boat for a year and was big factor in deciding to put it in a managed sailing club.

And "congrats!" on the Golden Handcuffs. :drink: :drink: :drink:

Congrats Elizabeth!!! What do you do?

thanks everyone! yes, this is vacation/investment property. I plan to enjoy it for a while and I'm not going to be in a hurry to rent it - would kill me to have some renter trash my spiffy new house.

Dart - exactly, that was her point. it's intriguing actually, but I don't know anything about it, she just mentioned it. (although Dave I like how you think!)

I hope this means more time in the jet!

Way to go, Elizabeth!! Woo-hoo!!

Sorry to hear that you can't make the SE fly-in at Grand Strand - we'd all like to congratulate you in person! :D And you could buy lunch!! :D :D

(just joking about the lunch part . . .) ;)

etsisk said:
Way to go, Elizabeth!! Woo-hoo!!

Sorry to hear that you can't make the SE fly-in at Grand Strand - we'd all like to congratulate you in person! :D And you could buy lunch!! :D :D

(just joking about the lunch part . . .) ;)

yeah, it's a bummer - but it's the ONLY time I can see the house before it's done and ready to close. literally. I'm that fraught right now.

woodstock said:
thanks everyone! yes, this is vacation/investment property.

Dart - exactly, that was her point. it's intriguing actually, but I don't know anything about it, she just mentioned it. (although Dave I like how you think!)

See PM.

woodstock said:
thanks everyone! yes, this is vacation/investment property. I plan to enjoy it for a while and I'm not going to be in a hurry to rent it - would kill me to have some renter trash my spiffy new house.

Too, I guess you better get the slips on either side as well, or get folding wings!

woodstock said:
ps. I'm one of those legal beagles.

:cheerswine: to you! Are you corporate law, or are you on the "enforcement" side of legal?

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back