ProLine 21 simulator?

colomtnflyer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
iAM in AK!
Well, it looks like things are changing for me... I have left my previous employer, and am looking for a new seat!

I have an opportunity to get into a brand new KingAir 350 (which is still on the assembly line, delivery in Dec) which has the new ProLine 21 package.

My question- Has anyone come across an online simulator or a simulator disk program for the ProLine 21?

I'd like to become as familiar with the system as possible before going to school.

What about contacting the training facility for some advance material? It looks like Rockwell isn't nearly as friendly as Garmin in providing material.

Good luck at getting the new ride.

Hi Kenny-
Yes, I have already left emails at RC, asking about tutorials and simulators. Just thought I'd ask our knowledgeable crowd here too!

I'm excited about the opportunity, it's a Pt 91 gig for a private owner. I have also spread my resume all over the country, to see if I get any bites.

Otherwise, if I don't have a confirmed seat before Nov 15, I'll just head back to Colorado and teach skiing again, till something comes along. Guess that doesn't suck too badly, eh?

We had the old Proline in the 1900, and I've heard the new one is just as easy and intuitive as the old one...not much to worry about.

What I want to know is...how'd you get the job, and can you get me one (preferably in Virginia)?!? :goofy:

Either way, congrats, and good luck!

Some things (and opportunities) come along when least expected. Last Tuesday, I did a discovery flight for a guy whom I guessed to be a semi-retired automotive engineer from Detroit. His "girlfriend" is pushing him to take lessons so he'll probably start this next week.

She seemed to have a good bit of knowledge about what I was explaining to him so I finally asked her if she flew. Yes, she did. She flies a privately owned Citation X at the south end of the field. Add to that, has got to be the most beautiful creature who has ever walked into our school. Talk about a motivator.

She wanted him to take lessons so they could share the passion flying small planes. She got a thrill just riding in the back of a Skyhwk for a change. He was doing so well in the left seat, I was wishing there were mirrors installed like the old 150s had. :)

Some things (and opportunities) come along when least expected. Last Tuesday, I did a discovery flight for a guy whom I guessed to be a semi-retired automotive engineer from Detroit. His "girlfriend" is pushing him to take lessons so he'll probably start this next week.

She seemed to have a good bit of knowledge about what I was explaining to him so I finally asked her if she flew. Yes, she did. She flies a privately owned Citation X at the south end of the field. Add to that, has got to be the most beautiful creature who has ever walked into our school. Talk about a motivator.

She wanted him to take lessons so they could share the passion flying small planes. She got a thrill just riding in the back of a Skyhwk for a change. He was doing so well in the left seat, I was wishing there were mirrors installed like the old 150s had. :)

Seriously! I'm in the wrong business. I need to go back and instruct so I can meet people and get a better job! Or at least get my wife to let me be an airport bum more often.

Best bet is to contact Collins directly which you have already. I fly with the Proline 21 in the CJ3 and it is an extremely intuitive system.

Best,
Jason

Well, it looks like things are changing for me... I have left my previous employer, and am looking for a new seat!

I have an opportunity to get into a brand new KingAir 350 (which is still on the assembly line, delivery in Dec) which has the new ProLine 21 package.

My question- Has anyone come across an online simulator or a simulator disk program for the ProLine 21?

I'd like to become as familiar with the system as possible before going to school.

I just saw that King Schools has new ProLine 21, FMS 1000, and IFIS 5000 courses; the ProLine 21 system is covered by aircraft; here's the one for the KingAir:

http://www.kingschoolsonline.com/CourseInfo.aspx?c=rckapl21ops

They have some new classes from FlightSafety, too, that cover things like the Universal UNS-1 FMS:

http://www.kingschoolsonline.com/flightSafety/default.aspx?scu=&sco=&cid=19&c=FSO

If you search this site's archives, you'll find a generous offer from a guy who works in their call center doing sales; he can get you a discount. If you can't find his name, PM me and I'll send it on to you.

Thanks, Troy! I appreciate your follow up!

For right now, I'm not sure if that seat is going to happen- the owners have decided not to make a decision until after Jan 1.

But that position is now a fall back seat- I seem to have found a seat beginning in about 2-3 weeks. It's a KA 100 and they are in the process of obtaining a KA 200 as well. Details are still being worked out, so I don't want to jinx it by saying any more at this time.

Ric, good luck with the new position! I'm sure that you'll get the hang of the avionics quickly.

This message has no useful content whatsoever, sorry. ;)

Thanks for the mention Troy!

Yes, I can make significantly better offers than the catalog.

Paul Bell
1-800-793-6898
Sun-Thurs 2pm-8pm Pacific time.

Back