Project worthy Mooney?

Is that rust on the wing or the color of the paint? If it is the paint what is the story where the wing abuts the cabin and the underside of the wing (just visible past the lower leading edge).

With the original windshield and sitting outside it is probable that water has entered through the avioncs access panels.

Prime candidate for SB208C! They started removing the interior and insulation for some reason.

If this one could be economically restored Mooney Mart has the resources to do it...even if they had to make it a back burner process (ie do it as they had time)...my gut tells me --- RUN!

Joe Williams said:
I'm thinking after paint, radios, and interior, doing as much work yourself as you can and using used radios, you are still looking at maybe having $60K into this bird by the time you get it fixed up, assuming it has no major mechanical difficulties. Would something like this be worthwhile?

http://www.aso.com/i.aso3/aircraft_view.jsp?aircraft_id=90453

It's only worth it to a shop that does lots of Mooney work to buy as a "fill time project". Something for the guys to work on when there's not enough customer work to keep them busy, where you'd be paying the people to clean or paint the hangar otherwise. No "fixer upper" project is ever as staight forward as first projected. Considering what 20C Mooneys go for nice and complete (around $50k) it would be very difficult for someone who has to buy all the parts and pay shop rates for labor to come out ahead on this one. If you want to build the M-20 C that YOU want, this may be a good starting point for that. If you want to get flying in a good M 20C for a minimal cost, this isn't it.

Found on TaP...not suggesting anyone run out and buy it...I just happened to see it. Len

1962 M20C, 4712 TTAF, 570 SMOH by Don Maxwell Aviation MSC, last 5 annuals by Maxwell, Narco radios, VOR, GS, ADF, Century II AP, new VSI, alt., EGT, strobe, brakes, tires, P&I 6. Very strong, mechanically sound aircraft. Fast, economical. $32,500. TX/(254) 791-4444.

Here's another one...

1962 M20C WHOLESALE: 3100-TTSN, 250 SMOH, 280 prop, KX155, 170B, transponder/ encoder, 6/6. Divorce sale, enough said. $34,900. MN/(763) 682-6431.

Back