Programming alert into G3X

Groundpounder

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Emerson Bigguns
Does anyone know how program a G3X so there is a CAS message that pops up when a parameter is exceeded? It seems like that might be for experimental installations only, but I would imagine there is a way to program it for certified installations as well.

Not that I would ever dare to do such a thing with my certified installation....

My exp user manual has a page the discusses alarms that can be set for waypoints, fuel, etc., and an entire chapter on Annunciations and Alerts.

Is that the installation manual? I downloaded that. I'm curious if those settings are available in the setup menu for the certified version.

I don’t know what might be different between my experimental installation and your certified install. I’ve never seen a Pilot’s Guide that differentiated one or the other. I have the installation manual and pilot’s guide on my iPhone.

Ok, roger. Got both on my iPad, going to head to the airport and start digging through the menus

It was pretty easy to go in and program some alerts, and didn't have to switch it from certified to non-certified. Now I get a red CAS message for low oil pressure, low amps and low fuel flow. Makes the takeoff roll scan that much easier.

The STC version didn’t require your aircraft’s temp limits to be programmed? Mine are programmed and I’m exp!

The STC version didn’t require your aircraft’s temp limits to be programmed? Mine are programmed and I’m exp!

they are, but I wanted to program in a CAS alert for low amps and low oil pressure. That way I have a red flashing message for either issue.

What’s a CAS alert? My EIS ranges have green, yellow, and red. When yellow or red it’s hard to miss, but I usually have the engine info on the screen.

What’s a CAS alert? My EIS ranges have green, yellow, and red. When yellow or red it’s hard to miss, but I usually have the engine info on the screen.

I set it up so that when the oil pressure goes below the minimum per the POH the guage turns red and I get a CAS message that says "OIL PRESS" in red.

This picture has two CAS messages on it, one red and one amber

VANS-RV7-G3X-TOUCH-GNS430W-GMS340-CUSTOM-PANEL-NEAL-AVIATION-3.jpg

I set it up so that when the oil pressure goes below the minimum per the POH the guage turns red and I get a CAS message that says "OIL PRESS" in red.

Did your plane originally have a "low voltage" annunciator coming from the voltage regulator, or something similar to that, and if so, does the G3X Touch replace it?

I'm wondering if I should ask my G3X Touch installer to look into that or not bother to ask if it's obviously impossible..

Did your plane originally have a "low voltage" annunciator coming from the voltage regulator, or something similar to that, and if so, does the G3X Touch replace it?

I'm wondering if I should ask my G3X Touch installer to look into that or not bother to ask if it's obviously impossible..

It has a alternator out light, and the G3X did not replace it. I think that the G3X can't replace any required lights, but it can augment them.

The G3X is approved as primary, right? You don’t have to keep any old engine warning light with a primary replacement. The G3X engine values will show a yellow background for values trending toward limits and a red background when values are out of range. Being exp
I set redlines and caution thresholds.

The G3X is approved as primary, right? You don’t have to keep any old engine warning light with a primary replacement. The G3X engine values will show a yellow background for values trending toward limits and a red background when values are out of range. Being exp
I set redlines and caution thresholds.

It is, but I don't think it can replace warning lights, because if the screen fails, there is no backup. I know for a fact the certified version is not able/allowed to display gear and flap indications.

FWIW, the digital engine instruments in my Cessna don’t have backups.

Not in my plane.

With the certified version of G3X can you bluetooth the engine info to an iDevice? I recall reading something about that while the exp version can’t do it.

Not in my plane.

With the certified version of G3X can you bluetooth the engine info to an iDevice? I recall reading something about that while the exp version can’t do it.

You have the experimental version, so that is different, obviously.

Yes, I can Bluetooth EIS data to Garmin Pilot.

So you have a backup!

Lights are an extension of an instrument excep maybe an overvolts light, which I have given that I use a Lithium battery.

I wonder what’s translating EIS to bluetooth in your G3X? I’d like to have it in mine.

Back