Procrastination and Sleep Deprivation courtesy of Ed and Spike

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Ed sent this to Spike
Spike sent this to me

I finally got to bed at 1:45 AM, wheels up at 7 AM. going to be a long day at work. So to compensate, I share it with all of you:

www.atc-sim.com

try to control all those moron pilots into ORD with nothing but your keyboard. good luck...

And I saw it posted by RottyDaddy. I really need a runway layout with lengths when sequencing. 757s will only land on 10/28 and 14R/32L at ORD. Idiot 121ers can't get it stopped on other runways.

Last edited:
mike, theres a window in the main page that describes how to use it. good luck getting anything done at work today

They're airliners. Just crash 'em all and open up the airspace for the rest of us.

You're a bad man, Ken Ibold.

We love you for it. :yes:

i actually managed to crash two , i have no idea how
they both were lined up for runway 10
easy mode everyone flies the same speed, but they managed to hit each other on the runway :dunno:

i actually managed to crash two , i have no idea how
they both were lined up for runway 10
easy mode everyone flies the same speed, but they managed to hit each other on the runway :dunno:

That wouldn't be your problem. That would be the tower controller's problem. :rofl:

You're a bad man, Ken Ibold.

We love you for it. :yes:
Hey, I had a 3-leg airline trip yesterday. The first leg got canceled and the house of cards fell. So we got everything rebooked, but now it was a 4 leg trip, with two connections of less than 20 minutes -- in Salt Lake City and Atlanta -- so I was pretty sure I'd miss one of them. The stars aligned and I made it home, but the upshot is that I don't exactly have the warm fuzzies for airlines today.

"United eleven-forty-seven, we're not accepting arrivals from DCA with any politicians onboard. Remain clear of Class Bravo."

Tony, I think you just moved to the #1 spot on Junelle's hit list with this one.

roflmao matt. let me know if the wedding is off ;)

You guys suck. I have now wasted away my entire Saturday afternoon. Great game by the way.

You guys suck. I have now wasted away my entire Saturday afternoon. Great game by the way.

Should we start a recovery club? I lost count of the time I logged on this stupid thing!

I'm pushing 6 hrs today. i still need to pack for a trip tomorrow. The boss lady aint gonna be happy.

Damn it. I started playing yesterday evening. I'm still playing now....Who needs sleep

Damn it. I started playing yesterday evening. I'm still playing now....Who needs sleep

LOL Jesse... I was up until 5 this morning with it myself!

How addictive... i just wish you could combine commands, something like ASH7176 C 8 C MACZO T 22L for the real-life equivalent of "Air shuttle 7176, climb and maintain eight thousand, cleared direct MACZO, cleared for takeoff runway 22 left." Yeah, so that's kinda clearance/tower/departure all in one, but that's what the game makes us be anyway.

Went crazy in easy mode, now going crazy in normal mode, and I'm about to switch the wind on...

LOL Jesse... I was up until 5 this morning with it myself!

How addictive... i just wish you could combine commands, something like ASH7176 C 8 C MACZO T 22L for the real-life equivalent of "Air shuttle 7176, climb and maintain eight thousand, cleared direct MACZO, cleared for takeoff runway 22 left." Yeah, so that's kinda clearance/tower/departure all in one, but that's what the game makes us be anyway.

Went crazy in easy mode, now going crazy in normal mode, and I'm about to switch the wind on...

i agree that a multiple clearances option would make it a lot better

Dear Tony,

I want my weekend back.

Your friend,

Jason

P.S. multi-clearance is a much needed feature.

well come on computer nerds, get the multi clearance thing working by next weekend!

Tony,

This is excellent! I'm still at the tadpole stage, but I've come to appreciate what the reports mean when they say "...lost radar contact."

And I hate you. I can tell already that the kids are getting nothing but coal in their stockings because Dad is "too busy" to go Christmas shopping. You really ought to inflict this on your pals over on the Sig. It'll drive them nuts (in several different directions.)

Regards,
Joe

yea joe, i think ill post on avsig. that way i get even more "i hate you" replies! :D:D

Tony, I won't hate ya. Of course, I didn't dig in and start playing a controller.

Now, if you had a part in writing the FOI.... :mad:

:goofy:

Amusing irony.

I tried it for five minutes, got tired of blinking red targets, moved on. Really.

One crash and the whole sim stops. Where is the fun in that?? I had 14 planes of an intersection SE of ORD for 10 minutes all at the same altitude circling before a collision occurred.

crashes are easy. clear a plane to take off when one is landing. Or put a 75 behind a 150 at Lambert

only shortcut I can find is to copy and paste callsigns.

is there a hold feature ie spin em?

only shortcut I can find is to copy and paste callsigns.

is there a hold feature ie spin em?

Why would you want to copy and paste call signs? Just click their name.

If you clear them to a fix they will circle it.

Why would you want to copy and paste call signs? Just click their name.

If you clear them to a fix they will circle it.

cool Jesse - thanks.
Now if we could use shortcut keys for altitudes and headings I was thinking
F1 -F10 would be 1-10K feet, maybe shift-F1 for the next 10K and
alt Fkeys for headings.

How are we supposed to perform handoffs, I got a lot of 'left term area incorrectlys'.

cool Jesse - thanks.
Now if we could use shortcut keys for altitudes and headings I was thinking
F1 -F10 would be 1-10K feet, maybe shift-F1 for the next 10K and
alt Fkeys for headings.

How are we supposed to perform handoffs, I got a lot of 'left term area incorrectlys'.

It's easier than that :)

<click blip> c 9

will clear that airplane to 9000 ft.

<click blip> c 11

will clear it to 11000 ft.

If you get the outbound airplanes to at least 5000 ft and cleared to the fix they'll automatically hand themselves off within 1 mile of the fix.

If you get the outbound airplanes to at least 5000 ft and cleared to the fix they'll automatically hand themselves off within 1 mile of the fix.

Unless you're at Phoenix, then you need to clear them to 6000.

gaa, I think I need to try it in IE, I can't do those things in Netscape. I was typing like a crazed demon and it was stalling out, not forwarding my commands

kinda unfair that we are twr, app AND dep all at once!
don't let the faa see this, those controllers would love nothing better than to never have to use a microphone! (I probably mean earpiece actually)

Back