Problems with FAA mailing certificate

dennisc172

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Dennis
Hi guys,

So I finished the whole Foreign based PPL certification process, went to the US to have it verified (FSDO cancelled appointment because they closed for some reason, 1 day before...) but OK all finished and they mailed my certificate.

The problem is now that they mailed the first certificate on 7 september and I didn't receive it in the 60 days. Now they mailed it AGAIN (new issue date on it) on the 7th this month and it is already due to arrive at my address... I asked them to sent it tracked and that I would pay all costs, they just said that all certificates are mailed as First class mail.

Does anyone had similar experiences with them mailing the certificate (inter)nationally? I live in the Netherlands (Amsterdam), we have a modern and pretty fine postal system. For business I receive more mail from the US on this address and that normally arrives within 2 weeks... Never missed anything.

As they sent these things untracked I have nowhere to go for questions where it is. I checked the address 200x and it is absolutely right. Neighbours don't have it as well. I got warned by the FAA that if I do not receive this one we may have to do things all over again and I have to pay costs for it... waiting for the plastic card makes me desperate! :(o_O

Dennis

Last edited:
Sounds to me like the FAA is not paying the proper postage.

If you don’t receive this one, go online to the FAA website, change your address to a friend in the US, then pay the $4 for a lost certificate replacement and have you friend mail it to you with tracking when he gets it. Once you receive the certificate, go back online and change your address back.

Sounds to me like the FAA is not paying the proper postage.

If you don’t receive this one, go online to the FAA website, change your address to a friend in the US, then pay the $4 for a lost certificate replacement and have you friend mail it to you with tracking when he gets it. Once you receive the certificate, go back online and change your address back.

Thanks for this advice but the FAA sais they only issue one copy... and that one is already issued..

Back