Problem Reporting - How to submit a problem report to PoA

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
Over the last few months I occasionally get emails to our support mailbox that report a problem, but don't really help identify the problem. I am posting this thread as a guide to those who find a problem on the PoA site and wish to report it so that we can effectively find and kill the bug.

As an example, its taken 4 reports over 6 months with people sending me one liners like "I clicked the poll and got an invalid poll report" to realise that you all meant the Current Poll on the Front Page. Until the latest report, I kept just going out and checking random polls to try and figure out what the heck was wrong. It was only the last report, which actualy said Current poll that gave me a clue that you were talking about the home page! (Hey, I never look there...) Thats a waste of my time, but more importantly its a waste of your time, because it means you've taken the time to report a problem that I can't find to fix, and so the problem stays put.

Please follow these steps when reporting an issue on the PoA site:
1) If you are a registered user, please do not use the "Contact Us" link. That link is primarily intended for users who are not able to register and need help with that process. The contact us link works by email and email only, and as much as possible, I prefer to keep problem reporting out in the open, or at least in PMs.
2) If the problem is not one of a sensitive nature, please report it in this forum, "Site Feedback and Support". That's what it's here for. :) If the problem concerns sensitive information, please report it to me via PM.
3) If you're going to take the time to report a problem, then include as much information about the problem as possible:
  • Include the link to the page that had the problem at a minimum! No link means I can't hunt down the problem.
  • A detailed report of the problem and how you got to the problem. Include step by step instructions to recreate the problem. Think of it like a checklist.
Following these simple but important guidelines will help us provide the level of service you deserve!

Thank you for landing at the Pilots of America Technical Support Line

...and did you get the email that we're using new cover pages on the TPS reports? I'll send it to you again. :p

Bumping for newer users who haven't seen this and don't know where/how to ask for help. :D

Bumping again for new users so they can find out how to ask for help.

Bumping again.

Please try to remember, if you don't post it in Site Feedback and Support, I may not even look at it. If you send me a note via "Contact Us", I won't see it until the AM of the next business day because I only check that once a day.

Bumping again for those who have forgotten.

Seriously folks, if you use "Contact Us" or worse, EMAIL me, I can't guarantee you'll get help in a timely fashion. I check the support email folder 1 time a day. I check my chaeberle@pilotsofamerica account maybe once a week, or less frequently.

Use *THIS* forum, if you can post at all.

If you can't post, then take a good hard look at the forum list and the place you should post will be visible. :)

Wonder if Rod's 11th post will be a link....

Since I cant start a Thread, I want to share with all fellow aviation enthusiasts that Aero News Network is under attack .:mad:
Every time I went to their Home page a virus attached to my computer.

Please post it if you see fit.

FF

Over the last few months I occasionally get emails to our support mailbox that report a problem, but don't really help identify the problem. I am posting this thread as a guide to those who find a problem on the PoA site and wish to report it so that we can effectively find and kill the bug.

As an example, its taken 4 reports over 6 months with people sending me one liners like "I clicked the poll and got an invalid poll report" to realise that you all meant the Current Poll on the Front Page. Until the latest report, I kept just going out and checking random polls to try and figure out what the heck was wrong. It was only the last report, which actualy said Current poll that gave me a clue that you were talking about the home page! (Hey, I never look there...) Thats a waste of my time, but more importantly its a waste of your time, because it means you've taken the time to report a problem that I can't find to fix, and so the problem stays put.

Please follow these steps when reporting an issue on the PoA site:
1) If you are a registered user, please do not use the "Contact Us" link. That link is primarily intended for users who are not able to register and need help with that process. The contact us link works by email and email only, and as much as possible, I prefer to keep problem reporting out in the open, or at least in PMs.
2) If the problem is not one of a sensitive nature, please report it in this forum, "Site Feedback and Support". That's what it's here for. :) If the problem concerns sensitive information, please report it to me via PM.

3) If you're going to take the time to report a problem, then include as much information about the problem as possible:
  • Include the link to the page that had the problem at a minimum! No link means I can't hunt down the problem.
  • A detailed report of the problem and how you got to the problem. Include step by step instructions to recreate the problem. Think of it like a checklist.
Following these simple but important guidelines will help us provide the level of service you deserve!

Thank you for landing at the Pilots of America Technical Support Line

I have forgotten my password. I have requested a reset. I get the message that a password change email has been sent. But I never receive the message. I can access POA from one computer that automatically logs me in. But even there I can not change my password. I have checked my Junk/spam filters. Not there either.

I have forgotten my password. I have requested a reset. I get the message that a password change email has been sent. But I never receive the message. I can access POA from one computer that automatically logs me in. But even there I can not change my password. I have checked my Junk/spam filters. Not there either.

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that

i have a problem with uploading a picture to a thread . Do i have to send it to a site like photo bucket then move it to the thread?

i have a problem with uploading a picture to a thread . Do i have to send it to a site like photo bucket then move it to the thread?

That should not be necessary. In what format is your photo (jpg, tiff, etc.?) and how big is the file?

Its jpeg and 23.7kb. For whatever reason it wont let me add it to a reply, when i click on the add photo it wants a http// address, well i dont have one of those i saved it to my files for later use from a different website.

Its jpeg and 23.7kb. For whatever reason it wont let me add it to a reply, when i click on the add photo it wants a http// address, well i dont have one of those i saved it to my files for later use from a different website.

You click on "Manage Attachments", below where you type a reply, in the box which says "Additional Options", and upload your file from that screen.

Back