PRK retreatment after LASIK?

Winger67

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Larry
Had LASIK back in 2006 but now need glasses to pass class 1. I have free retreatments but they said I can only do PRK for that and will probably still need glasses for near vision. I understand the longer recovery time but was wondering if anyone else has gone down that road? If it was just flying I'd stay with glasses but they're a bit of a pain for motorcycle helmets and SCUBA.

I had WFG PRK done back in 2012 as an initial treatment. My wife had LASIK done in 2004 and has the free “tune up” but hasn’t had a need to do it yet.

My understanding is other than method of accessing the cornea, the reshaping is exactly the same and should be permanent, except for impacts due to aging of the eyes.

If my vision begins to degrade, I would want to know why that is happening well before thinking of retreatment.

I'm approaching mid 50s so age is a factor. I'm currently near sighted so after PRK they said I'd probably see 20/20 for distance but I may need readers for up close. I'm ok with that tradeoff but was wondering if anyone else has gone through the same.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back