Private Rental Aircraft NY/NJ

pilotmarcus

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
pilotmarcus
Hi everyone,

I relocated 8 month ago from the little wet island north of Europe (England) to NYC. Since then I'm trying to find an aircraft for rental to do day trips or for a weekend trip. Currently I'm renting from a flying school in Linden (LDJ).

I'm looking for an underutilized aircraft (C172 or something similar) to rent on a regular basis in the NY/NJ area (I live in Manhattan). A friend of mine would be also interested. We checked already the flying clubs and flying schools in our area but they are a bit complicated.

If you know anyone who might be interested or if there is a forum/platform where I can get the information please let me know.

blues,
Marcus

Marcus,

No luck from any of the outlets at Republic (Empire, AoA, Nassau Flyers), Caldwell (Air Fleet, Century, RGI Aviation), Lincoln Park (AeroSafety), Morristown (Certified), or Westchester (Panorama)? I know you said you checked the clubs and schools but never hurts to make sure you checked them all.

Have you looked into Long Island Aviators out of FRG, they have 2 172SP w G1000.

Solberg-Hunterdon may be a bit more of a ride (roughly 1 hr. from Manhattan) but they may be worth a look.

LDJ has a flying school? Never knew, and I train there with a private CFI. His warrior is parked at far end of the tiedown lot.

I know there's a flying club that keeps one of the 172's there, but they have steep fees, like $2500 entrance, $180/mo and $120/hour. LDJ is a very expensive field...

Back