Private Pilot

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
congrats to Phil DeKoster, from Ames, PP as of about 2:30 this afternoon.

So what's the report on Johnny Mac? Pros and Cons of doing a checkride with a official 'weather man'??

How good that must make you feel, Tony.

Nice job.

So what's the report on Johnny Mac? Pros and Cons of doing a checkride with a official 'weather man'??

??? Does this mean that John is a DPE now? If so, thats pretty cool. Man, that guy is relentless.

MM

??? Does this mean that John is a DPE now? If so, thats pretty cool. Man, that guy is relentless.

MM
yea this was John's first checkride for ASEL, so the feds were riding along. the checkride was thorough from the small tidbits i heard from Phil. It went loooooong but that seemed to be mostly due to inorganization on the FSDO's side.

yes Kenny - my student, kinda. he has kinda bounced between instructors for the last year plus a little. I did his last solo signoff and his checkride prep.

yes Kenny - my student, kinda. he has kinda bounced between instructors for the last year plus a little. I did his last solo signoff and his checkride prep.
Good deal. I'm glad you got him on track and his ticket completed. Too many students get pushed around and quit. Brook knows well. I hope he keeps going and at least gets his IR.

As for the new DE, congratulations to him. I hope he's a guy who does it for the fun and love of flight and not just the lucrative position to be in.

BTW, is there any truth to the rumor you have to kill someone to become a DE? :D

Good deal. I'm glad you got him on track and his ticket completed. Too many students get pushed around and quit. Brook knows well. I hope he keeps going and at least gets his IR.

As for the new DE, congratulations to him. I hope he's a guy who does it for the fun and love of flight and not just the lucrative position to be in.

BTW, is there any truth to the rumor you have to kill someone to become a DE? :D

i dont know what his plans are wrt getting an IR. Hes going to Des Moines to law school next year. the new DE is most definitely not in it for the money or power, he has a nice job as weatherman at the local TV station, which he is darn good at! seems there is trouble with the local students at his airport getting checkrides scheduled in a timely manner.

no killing required. there is an application form on the FAAs website. I checked the other day. for privat ASEL you gott have 2000 tt, 300 in the last year, 100 at night, maybe a few other small requirements. a good working relationship with the FSDO of course.

no killing required. there is an application form on the FAAs website. I checked the other day. for privat ASEL you gott have 2000 tt, 300 in the last year, 100 at night, maybe a few other small requirements. a good working relationship with the FSDO of course.
...and an open spot. The FSDO's are limited as to how many DPE's they can have in any area based on the number of pilots, etc., and there are always several qualified applicants for each slot that opens. Also, once granted, it's pretty hard to pull a DPE's designation, and that designation is in many respects a license to print money. Thus, it's almost impossible to get a pilot examiner designation unless one of the DPE's in your area dies, moves, or retires.

Back