Private messages?

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Toby and I were wondering if any one else (like a site administrator) has access to our private messages?

Can we talk about you guys freely?

:)

Diana - Just a guess, but a well educated one, any site admin can probably read all email on this system.

Hmm, first its stealing stars from threads, now wondering this? Are you planning a hostile takeover of some sort? LOL

S.

Last edited:
Yes, as with all "private" message systems on public forums, the administration of POA can access private messages if it becomes absolutely necessary. However, we will not do so unless except in order to investigate a claim of violation of our rules of conduct (as in the case of a harassment claim). So long as the private message system isn't being used to violate our rules of conduct, or to engage in illegal activity, your messages remain strictly confidential.

My private messages take the form of pop-ups which are blocked by a pop-up blocker. I can go back later and read them with no problems, though...
--Kath

sshekels said:
Hmm, first its stealing stars from threads

Hey, I tried to put that star back, but "it" wouldn't let me. ;)

sshekels said:
now wondering this? Are you planning a hostile takeover of some sort? LOL
LOL! If I did, I would add "aerobatic" and "places to fly" forums. :)

Something to consider about what Chuck said: while we CAN look at private messages, we really have neither the time or inclination to do so...so we don't unless something is brought to our attention.

I have the same administrative access at my office since I run the IT department. Everyone always asks if I look at people's files, e-mails, etc.. Why? I've got enough on my plate as it is without getting into other people's business. I really DO have better things to do! :D

Greebo said:
Yes, as with all "private" message systems on public forums, the administration of POA can access private messages if it becomes absolutely necessary. However, we will not do so unless except in order to investigate a claim of violation of our rules of conduct (as in the case of a harassment claim). So long as the private message system isn't being used to violate our rules of conduct, or to engage in illegal activity, your messages remain strictly confidential.

Thanks Chuck.

Diana said:
LOL! If I did, I would add "aerobatic" and "places to fly" forums. :)
Give a guy a chance! The poll only ended yesterday! :cheerio:

Toby said:
How about emails sent from this site?
No, as far as I know, no record of emails sent is maintained by this software.

kath said:
My private messages take the form of pop-ups which are blocked by a pop-up blocker. I can go back later and read them with no problems, though...
--Kath
There are two questions asked when you have a new private message. Cancelling the second one opens the new message in the current window instead of a new one.

kath said:
--Kath
Depending on the popup blocker, you probably also have a suspend key. In my case, holding CTRL while clicking the link allows a popup on a one-time only basis. You may have similar settings.

Back