"Private Jet flies too close to Air Force One"

topgun260

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Topgun260
But did the jet have its transponder on!?!?!?!? We'll have to look at the black box and ACARS and tarmac.

Well if the other aircraft was IFR, which most likely it was, then standard sep of 3 miles laterally was broken. That's if the other aircraft was within 1,000 ft of AF1 altitude also.

Did he file a flight plan?
Did he have an AoA on board?

Sounds like a controller might have gotten a deal on that one if so.

I suspect an aircraft departed outside the TFR and AF1 over took it. After all, AF1 is far too important to deviate. See and avoid does not apply to them. Like Chuck Norris...... AF1 doesn't fly. The world moves around AF1.

Did anyone pull the red handle?

Will Susan leave her husband Oliver to take up with her cousin Bradley?

So random question. Seems the TFR is 30nm up to 17999ft. Would AF1 remain in Class A until 30nm out? I would think that it would so that VFR aircraft couldn't get near it while its enroute.

My darn fat fingers -- upon reading the last post and deciding its numbers might require an unreasonable descent, I intended to click reply to point out what I believed to be a mistake, but instead, with Tapatalk on my phone, I inadvertently clicked like. So I guess I can't criticize that post anymore.

Last edited:
My darn fat fingers -- upon reading the last post and deciding its numbers might require an unreasonable descent, I intended to click reply to point out what I believed to be a mistake, but instead, with Tapatalk on my phone, I inadvertently clicked like. So I guess I can't criticize that post anymore.

Whenever I hit Like, the icon changes to Unlike, in case I hit it by accident. But I don't use tapatalk, just the regular browser on my iPad.

Apparently Trump has made it easier for Part 91 to operate within the inner ring (thank you btw) so stuff like this is a little more likely to happen.

Back