Prison survival kit

cd4053-pope-on-a-slope-birthday-card.jpg

Or a pope that’s a soap on a rope

pg-40-pope-2.jpg

I don’t know about that, but I’m thinking that Peter believes the cop shouldn’t take it so personal when he was shot in the face.

Unfortunately there are "cop haters" out there. At the end of a slow chase Eric Overall was intentionally run down and killed by one of them. I'm hoping the guy is convicted of first degree murder and spends the rest of his years in prison followed by a sentence of keeping the fires of Hell burning.

Unfortunately there are "cop haters" out there. At the end of a slow chase Eric Overall was intentionally run down and killed by one of them. I'm hoping the guy is convicted of first degree murder and spends the rest of his years in prison followed by a sentence of keeping the fires of Hell burning.

Do you really think this is a case of a cop hater per se? It appears from reports that the suspect claimed he was god - which makes one suspect mental illness or acute drug intoxication.

He had four prior marijuana convictions and a resisting arrest conviction. The first four are non-violent (some would say victimless) crimes and the latter may well have directly resulted from the attempt by the police to use physical force to enforce the laws regarding marijuana.

It is entirely possible that this whole tragic incident stems from marijuana being illegal in that state. Speculative yes, but if this suspect had been allowed to legally purchase and use marijuana, would this incident have evolved as it did? Perhaps but also reasonably likely not.

Let me also head off some objections - I don’t think the use of these type of drugs is a good idea for anyone - they are often quite horrible for people’s health. Nonetheless my own view is that trying to use police violence to prevent drug use is a “cure” worse than the “disease”.

Last edited:
I'm so confused.

Legalizing marijuana will prevent people from shooting police officers in the face? I guess I can vote for that, given some actual evidence to support what seems, on it's face, to be an asinine argument. <-- get that one... on it's FACE.

Back