Printing your navlog off foreflight

Not directly. But you could do a screen shot and print that.

I think you can. There's the export buttons and one option is sending it to the printer. I've been able to print directly from the iPad to my printer.

I think you can. There's the export buttons and one option is sending it to the printer. I've been able to print directly from the iPad to my printer.

I'll change my answer and verify you can print the an log direct from FF.

Be on the maps page where you enter your waypoints, altitude, ETD etc. tap the icon that permits you to do a brief, email, send to another iPad, or print. Selecting print also shows a preview of what you are printing.

The other workaround is to email the flight to yourself.

Awesome I'm going to try this when I get home from work. Thanks!!!

The screens that have direct print require an AirPrint printer or software on a machine on the network to emulate such.

You can print them off no problem do it all the time. Just have to have air print set up for your iPad and hit the export but on foreflight.

Awesome I'm going to try this when I get home from work. Thanks!!!

Out of curiosity, how are you making use of the printed version? Since I have had the iPad, phone, ForeFlight, and access to a well equipped airplane, I have gotten away from using the NavLog to keep up with the progress of the flight as I was shown in primary training.

I like to keep a printed navlog tucked in my folder, just in case something with the iPad was to go wonky. I don't really use them in flight anymore. Same thing with approach plates. I print out the ones I'll use but they're just a backup.

The screens that have direct print require an AirPrint printer or software on a machine on the network to emulate such.
Do you really find that there are substantial number of people who don't realize they have to have a connectable printer in order to print something from a device (any device)?

Just wondering. I wouldn't be surprised. I'll never forget when, years ago, a neighbor called me for help because the modem (the ones that used standard phone lines - it was a long time ago) didn't work. When I asked what phone socket the modem was plugged into, I was met with a long silence. Of course, it was the socket being used by the phone to call me.

Do you really find that there are substantial number of people who don't realize they have to have a connectable printer in order to print something from a device (any device)?

Just wondering. I wouldn't be surprised. I'll never forget when, years ago, a neighbor called me for help because the modem (the ones that used standard phone lines - it was a long time ago) didn't work. When I asked what phone socket the modem was plugged into, I was met with a long silence. Of course, it was the socket being used by the phone to call me.

Dunno. I was just pointing out the AirPrint requirement. I have printers that work fine over WiFi that were produced before Apple's silly wireless protocol. They'd happily take postscript or any other standard format file. But can't print to them from iDevices. For a while I ran software on the Mac that's connected to the big printer to emulate AirPrint, but it stopped working and I print so little I never bothered to fix it. You'd think Apple would just make it part of the "Share this printer" dialogue box in OSX, but they don't.

Back