Printing plates from FF

izzydogg

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
izzydogg
Hey All,
I've printed my approach plates from Fore Flight for the past 2 years. I've always printed them full page size. For some unknown reason they started printing in knee board size. I can't figure out how to change the settings. Please help!!!!
Iz

You can print ForeFlight plates? That's cool, but why not just use your ipad?

I'm getting ready for my check ride and through my training time I've not used the iPad during the flights. Initially it seemed to be more of a distraction. I will definitely incorporate it into the mix after the ride.
Iz

I'm getting ready for my check ride and through my training time I've not used the iPad during the flights. Initially it seemed to be more of a distraction. I will definitely incorporate it into the mix after the ride.
Iz

Why in the world would you not train the way you intend to fly???? If my student uses Foreflight then he learns how to use Foreflight.

You can go to many internet sights,and print the plates full size. Most of the preplanning sights will let you print full size. You could try AOPA ,air nav.

Hey All,
I've printed my approach plates from Fore Flight for the past 2 years. I've always printed them full page size. For some unknown reason they started printing in knee board size. I can't figure out how to change the settings. Please help!!!!
Iz

Airnav.com or fltplan.com

Hey All,
Iz

What version of ForeFlight are you running? What version of iOS?
Are you printing directly to an AirPrint printer, or through third-party software that emulates it?
What changed around the time the plates started printing in the small size - Did you update ForeFlight, iOS, etc? (Did you ever turn automatic app updating off?)

I'd suggest you report this to team@foreflight.com with answers to the above questions, and I bet you'll have an answer pretty quick. I wish I could help more, but I've never printed anything off the iPad - I hate paper! ;)

Back