Price Variations

dmccormack

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dan Mc
We moved back in June and work and transition ate up all my free time. I started providing dual to a friend's son in their C150 and have kept my flying fix.

But my Chief has sat engine-less for months awaiting parts. The last part needed was 16 pushrod tube seals.

One vendor quoted $26 -- each.

:yikes:

But there was no rush since I didn't have a hangar on this side of the state, until two weeks ago when Mel from Smoketown called to let me know a T-hangar is available starting 1 October.

Finally!

So I started the search for parts again -- and found 12 (of the 16 needed) at $14 each (!). Apparently Lycoming still supplies them. If they're out of stock, you can put an order in -- 6 week wait and $75 additional charge.

Anyway -- seals on on the way, I'll drive out to Waynesburg next weekend and start helping with the re-assembly.

It will be great to have my airplane back -- now with a complete top overhaul and full inspection of every part and replacement of every gasket.

:D

It wouldn't surprise me if those seals were reused on other engines that are still supported in some minor variation, hence the fact that they're still supplied. I think you can still get certain parts for the 541 series engines, even, which were disavowed. ;)

Glad that you're going to have your plane back soon! Always nice to get some significant maintenance completed.

It wouldn't surprise me if those seals were reused on other engines that are still supported in some minor variation, hence the fact that they're still supplied. I think you can still get certain parts for the 541 series engines, even, which were disavowed. ;)

Glad that you're going to have your plane back soon! Always nice to get some significant maintenance completed.

That would be very good if parts are identical to another engine by Lycoming.

:yesnod:

The O-145 Type Certificate was sold by Lycoming a while ago (I think to someone not far from Williamsport....). Too bad, since the 145 was their first GA engine.

It is a good feeling to have all this work complete. Over the last two years all the marginal factors that bothered me have been replaced.

:)

Back