Previously reported then inadvertently omitted

A

Anon

I reported asthma as a child in 2015 on my first 8500-8 for 2nd class Medical. The AME put in his comments and even marked it “resolved” and I got the certificate no problem.
I haven’t been to a doctor or had an inhaler or any other treatment/meds or symptoms for 17+ years now. On my last couple 8500-8’s I have marked no to asthma, inadvertently. No excuse but it’s an easy thing to forget when I haven’t been to a doctor or had a prescription filled or had any symptoms.

I am wondering how to best go about getting this resolved—get an attorney? Report it at my next FAA physical?

Thanks for any insight.

Report it at my next FAA physical?.

I don't have any insight about what to do about the past omissions, but I think you need to start reporting it on your future exams. It's never good advice to continue to make "intentional omissions" now that you have reminded yourself that you "forgot to report" on the last few exams. Go to Dr. Bruce's "How to Start" page on his website. He has an excellent paragraph about omissions that I am sure you will enjoy reading.

this issue ( specifically reporting previously reported asthma ) will not cause you difficulty, but there are cases that can. beware! report it next and all subsequent times.

Last edited:
How come they removed the PRNC (previously reported, no change) option on the forms? Having to pull out records every two years to make sure we report the same things in the same ways every time is annoying.

Annoying yes, but it’s that way so if you go to a different AME, there is some possibility of an assessment that addresses everything fully.

Agree, that childhood asthma that is still gone is no biggie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back