Pretty good IR training day

br6ppc

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
br6ppc
I had a better day today than last week. Other than fighting the turbulence (it was bumpy), the flight went well. I did more of the usual turns (timed & compass), turning climbs and descents, 2 inst. T/O's and steep turns. My steep turns went a lot better today. Henning's idea of trimming helped a lot. My CFII was happy with the steep turns today. We did some slow flight maneuvering in preparation for next week's lesson (stalls and unusual att. recovery). I'm happy with my progress so far. I've learned a lot and I think I'm retaining more of the info than I did in my PPL. It helps that I already know how to fly:D . On the way back to Robins, I had no traffic in the area:eek: (shocking for the time of day, 16:00 local), and my CFII tuned to the ILS and told me to intercept and fly the ILS visually to get a feel for setting up the descent and holding the approach. I did fine ( in spite of getting bounced around) holding the localizer. I did fine with the glideslope until short final. I went high and the needle went full deflection. We usually come in high and land long to clear the arresting barrier and not to take up too much time taxiing on the runway (12,000 ft. runway). My CFII said I did well and could have easily made the landing. Oh well, I'll have plenty of time later to botch things up:p. Thanks for all the help and support folks.

Stan

Back