Prescription mishap

Grooving

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Humba
Hello all, I currently have my class 1 medical certificate and am in the process of getting my private pilot certificate. About month ago I went to a psychiatrist to talk about possible medications to help with focus in my daily conversations, *wasn’t diagnosed with ADHD just slight social anxiety*. I was prescribed Buspirone Hcl, I haven’t taken them or even picked them up from the pharmacy and have gone the approach of changing things in my daily life that have since helped. One thing that I told my psychiatrist is that if prescribed I need an FAA approved medication, obviously Buspirone is not and now I don’t know what to do since it’s on my medical record.

Step one: Take the Rx back to the doc and get it cancelled and "never picked up" or record
Obtain the record
Get referred to a cognitive behavioral therapist....unless he thinks STRONGLY differently. You ARE going to need his notes (Both psychiatrist, and CBT therapist, to get a special issuance.

You SURE do have a diagnosis. The existence of a script means your insuror was given a code so that they might pay for the meds.

B.

Back