Prescott, Az airport

KKissmann

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
KKissmann
Going to Prescott, Az airport December 6th for first time. Flying from Socal area. Anyone ever been there and can give some tips on flying in and suggestions on what to get at the diner?

Prescott is a pretty accommodating airport. Higher elevation, but DA shouldn't be a big issue in December. Better call the FBO and ask for the restaurant hours. I've never eaten there because every time I've stopped at PRC, it's been closed (weekends and weekdays). If you want a decent bite to eat, I'd recommend asking about a courtesy car and go into downtown Prescott and head to Whiskey Row. Some nice restaurants there.

Or if you really just looking for a place in the area to fly to for food, Sedona (SEZ) is just a little further and had a great on-field restaurant.

Prescott is a pretty accommodating airport. Higher elevation, but DA shouldn't be a big issue in December. Better call the FBO and ask for the restaurant hours. I've never eaten there because every time I've stopped at PRC, it's been closed (weekends and weekdays). If you want a decent bite to eat, I'd recommend asking about a courtesy car and go into downtown Prescott and head to Whiskey Row. Some nice restaurants there.

Or if you really just looking for a place in the area to fly to for food, Sedona (SEZ) is just a little further and had a great on-field restaurant.

Hey, I really appreciate your feedback. DA will be in the back of my mind for something to think about, but like you said, it's December so shouldn't be a big issue. I'll be sure to call the FBO before. I'm going with a friend of mine who knows the Airport manager so PRC is going to be our destination for this trip. But I'll keep SEZ in mind for the future.

Hey, I really appreciate your feedback. DA will be in the back of my mind for something to think about, but like you said, it's December so shouldn't be a big issue. I'll be sure to call the FBO before. I'm going with a friend of mine who knows the Airport manager so PRC is going to be our destination for this trip. But I'll keep SEZ in mind for the future.
If you are going for any length of time, definitely get out into downtown Prescott. Still a lot of old Arizona flavor there unlike Phoenix which has become a concrete jungle.

It does get busy with Embry-Riddle students. Tower is pretty good.

It does get busy with Embry-Riddle students. Tower is pretty good.

Cant believe I have lived here nearly 20 years and actually never have flown into Prescott, its always been Sedona or Flagstaff, don't know why but I will have to change that.

Used to go to Ryan but after a few times when the controllers didn't seem to have their s**t together, I stopped visiting there as well.

There are several places to eat on the Prescott field - isn't there ?

Cant believe I have lived here nearly 20 years and actually never have flown into Prescott, its always been Sedona or Flagstaff, don't know why but I will have to change that.

Used to go to Ryan but after a few times when the controllers didn't seem to have their s**t together, I stopped visiting there as well.

There are several places to eat on the Prescott field - isn't there ?

I had the same experience at Ryan, go to TUS now. I'm not sure about eats on field, I caught a ride into town. Someone wanted to see the Jabiru and got me a motel and top off the gas.

If you are going for any length of time, definitely get out into downtown Prescott. Still a lot of old Arizona flavor there unlike Phoenix which has become a concrete jungle.

Just going in for lunch probably won't be there long. Sole purpose of the trip is to build PIC X-Country hours for my IFR.

Just going in for lunch probably won't be there long. Sole purpose of the trip is to build PIC X-Country hours for my IFR.

Pity you won't be able to stay longer. I like Prescott. If you get to downtown and crave Italian, Papas Italian is really good.

Pity you won't be able to stay longer. I like Prescott. If you get to downtown and crave Italian, Papas Italian is really good.

We made it into town, I couldn't remember the name if the Italian place you suggested. And we were in such a hurry that I missed your message when I was trying to find it. But we did end up eating at a place called "Fork In The Road'' I think it was called. Pretty good good, but really wish I could of tried the Italian.

Yes, very quite and unique town! Had a great flight and nice quick stay.

Back