Preparing for checkride with instructor but...

Just wanted to give an update that I was able to fly ONCE :) after my post due to weather/technical issues. After a gap of 1 week, I went back up and I was able to nail down the short-field/soft field take-offs and landings with no issues. Due to weather, I have not been able to go up and review the other maneuvers. Anyway just wanted to give you all an update and thank you all for the tips on short-field landings :). The main difference between this flight and my previous bad flights were, I was relaxed and didn't worry too much of the outcome. End of the day, my instructor was pleased with my short/soft field landings.

Just wanted to give an update that I was able to fly ONCE :) after my post due to weather/technical issues. After a gap of 1 week, I went back up and I was able to nail down the short-field/soft field take-offs and landings with no issues. Due to weather, I have not been able to go up and review the other maneuvers. Anyway just wanted to give you all an update and thank you all for the tips on short-field landings :). The main difference between this flight and my previous bad flights were, I was relaxed and didn't worry too much of the outcome. End of the day, my instructor was pleased with my short/soft field landings.

That is a big thumbs up. In my situation I screwed up holds for my IR. I was tense, flustered and had angst due to a multitude of issues which I have written about. I said screw it, I've been trained, I know this and I am a PIC. What happened? I relaxed. My CFII is happy now I'm relaxed. I have had 8 nearly flawless flights in a row. All within PTS. I had a session on fly this sim in a Cirrus with my instrumentation configuration. My CFII gave me a comm failure, bird strike and loss of power in the same sim session. We were both pleased with results. The key? Being relaxed.

The day before my next ride, he wants me to NOT do a practice instrument flight. He wants me to go VFR and have fun. So my advice, is, relax and have fun.

That is a big thumbs up. In my situation I screwed up holds for my IR. I was tense, flustered and had angst due to a multitude of issues which I have written about. I said screw it, I've been trained, I know this and I am a PIC. What happened? I relaxed. My CFII is happy now I'm relaxed. I have had 8 nearly flawless flights in a row. All within PTS. I had a session on fly this sim in a Cirrus with my instrumentation configuration. My CFII gave me a comm failure, bird strike and loss of power in the same sim session. We were both pleased with results. The key? Being relaxed.

The day before my next ride, he wants me to NOT do a practice instrument flight. He wants me to go VFR and have fun. So my advice, is, relax and have fun.

I prayed and relaxed but the weather has been great over here so couldn't go up. So waiting for weather to get better and go back again tomorrow.

Update: Today went with my instructor back up and weather was OK but not the best.All my maneuvers were great and didn't have to repeat any of them. Only thing we didn't do is hood work and a short field take-off. The rest was good and my instructor was pleased and said all my maneuvers were within PTS standard. Honestly I am so relieved...as usual prayed and just relaxed. I did a lot of chair flying and that has helped.

Congratulations! Such an amazing feeling - and a relief. Now you can go fly!

Thank you and yes it is a great feeling. It took me a while to sink in that I can fly now.

Back