Prepar3D V5 Issue - ATC disabled No Electric

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
I'll probably have to upgrade to Prepar3D V6 to fix this issue, but currently, I can fly my simulator for about 10 minutes before ATC is disable because the Electric Failed. I can save my progress, then exit and reload and the Electric works and ATC is enabled, for another 10 minutes.
Has anyone else had this problem and come up with a solution.

Besides installing a new version, there are two hacks I'll have to do to get my sim models and scenery for previous versions to get V6 to recognize them.

Thanks

A quick search suggested I delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and reload the simulator. I've deleted the file and reloaded the simulator. I'm waiting to fly to see if that worked.

I tried the above solution, but it did not work. If I save the flight, I can immediately reload it and the electric is back, at least for a while..
Also, it doesn't seem to happen when I'm doing air work but happens when I'm cruising. I haven't tried Ground Reference Maneuvers or being in the pattern.
I can no longer log into the Lockheed Martin Prepar3d forum, and they don't have the problem I'm seeing.

Prepar3D v6 seems to be a major step forward from V5 but it will be a bit of a hassle to install it.

I tried updating V5 to the latest version, No Joy.
I sprang for V6 and downloaded it. Next to install and run it. It seems to be a major upgrade from V5. I just wish I didn't have to buy a new version every year or so because they don't keep legacy versions up to date with Windows changes.

I have almost 2 weeks to decide if it solves my problem.

Version V5 was out of date because of Windows updates. I downloaded and installed V6, and the plane was able to taxi on my initial test. There's a way to manually add scenery to the simulator, and that worked.
I used a registry hack to make the plane model installers think they are installing to V4, but they actually go to V6 (originally found it when going from V4 to V5).
I needed to update some software for other add-ons but the process was about as painless as possible.

I was able to takeoff, then fly for the better part of an hour with no problems with the electricity. I'm keeping this version and uninstalling V5.

Update: The hacks worked and all of my add-ons were already V6 compatible.

Last edited:
Back