Premier 1 down in Atlanta

Heard it on the radio driving home from dinner. Glad to hear it wasn't you John.

Man, another one right near home...this sucks.

RIP to all

Heard it on the radio driving home from dinner. Glad to hear it wasn't you John.

Me too!:D My wife went to a concert last night and she said her phone was blowing up with text messages asking about the crash and making sure it wasn't us.

Last edited:
Isn't this the second or third crash where it was the pilot's second crash? :confused: This one definitely had fuel.:rolleyes: Hard to think what might have gone wrong on take off, a single engine failure shouldn't be an issue with 2 on board, weather was clear, winds were light, full moon. Perfect night for flying. Maybe a medical issue? Just speculating, cause that's what we do here. ;)

Sorry to hear about this. We can probably rule wx out on this one.

Here is their 1998 King Air crash...

http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/brief2.aspx?ev_id=20001211X11244&ntsbno=DEN99LA014&akey=1

Isn't this the second or third crash where it was the pilot's second crash? :confused: This one definitely had fuel.:rolleyes: Hard to think what might have gone wrong on take off, a single engine failure shouldn't be an issue with 2 on board, weather was clear, winds were light, full moon. Perfect night for flying. Maybe a medical issue? Just speculating, cause that's what we do here. ;)

It's interesting, since the Lear 35 that crashed a few weeks back seemed to be similar. Engine failure on takeoff. Should've been a routine back to the airport, but wasn't.

Me too!:D My wife went to a concert last night and she said her phone was blowing up with text messages asking about the crash and making sure it wasn't us.

Do you own and fly a Premier I?

Do you own and fly a Premier I?

No, but our friends don't know a Conquest I from a Premier I, heck most of them don't know a Piper Cub from a G-V.:D All anyone heard initially was a small plane departed FTY and crashed, so they just wanted to make sure we were OK. :D

There is something a little bit odd about the story. I'm not following the connection between the lone passenger, and the lone pilot. Both belong to apparently unconnected companies.

Well, it could be a friend of his daughter? Or one of his friend's kids? Or maybe a young lady friend? ;)
The pilot owned the company and the airplane.

There is something a little bit odd about the story. I'm not following the connection between the lone passenger, and the lone pilot. Both belong to apparently unconnected companies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back