premature identification

Yep. I’ve been asked to ident quite a few times on initial contact at Class D airports while squawking 1200. Dupage did it a lot.
Pretty common with busy deltas around Denver. Dunno how easy it is for tower guys to get a code but they can do it. It’s just not their first reaction.

Begin aviation jargon lesson:

Perhaps but they do address them as aural alarms, and in airplanes also, correct? Here's a boring example:

Aviation lesson complete. ;)

Nah....the guy/gal who named that test, needs the English lesson above...LOL... Evidently, Engineers are not linguists... Wait a minute, neither am I... :(

I just wait till they ask. Premature ident is a high schooler problem!

Begin aviation jargon lesson:

Perhaps but they do address them as aural alarms, and in airplanes also, correct? Here's a boring example:

Aviation lesson complete. ;)

That's why Jesus invented the aural inhibit switches on my side for those time when Bitchin Betty should shut the he!! up!

The most annoying is "DOOR DOOR DOOR" while you're doing an air start!

No point in premature identing. Occasionally when I'm monitoring the frequency and I hear me being called as traffic I'll push it but it serves no useful purpose. I did hear the controller comment to the pilot he was working one time when I did that.

Back