• November 29

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • December 6

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • December 13

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Its a long ways off, but itll be here soon.

I graduate from Iowa State in Aerospace Engineering on December 20, 2008. Dont ask me what my plans are after that because I dont know. I DO know what Im doing before that though. I want to put together a big party to celebrate. Its crappy timing with the holidays and new years to do something after graduation, so im thinking about the weekends leading up to. Choices are:

November 29 - Weekend after Thanksgiving
December 6
December 13

Id like to make this a good PoA fly in as well as get all my friends from school, Ames, and family members all together. Current plan is to clean out the maintenance hangar at the airport and have some fun. No plans are really set in stone yet. Which days work best for you? Im kind of thinking the 6th would be the best so that I could prepare for finals and crap. But I want to make sure that the most people could make it. Also, the earlier dates would help insure that hotel rooms would be available. Town will be packed the weekend of graduation.

I voted for the 11/29, because that'll give us more weekend with greater flexibility (and hopefully better weather :)), but the others would work as well.

fair point grant. weather is always iffy that time of the year. i didnt know if thanksgiving weekend would mean more people available due to time off work or people tied up with family stuff.

Plus Thanksgiving is the second week of deercamp here in WI :)

Pete

I voted for the 6th, but then it occurred to me that I won't get my schedule for that week until, probably 6-7 days before the event, so maybe the end of November would be better.

Chris and I will most likely be able to come any of those dates. I vote for Dec 13th...I could use a rockin' party to go to on my birthday, but count us in for whatever works best for everyone else.

I picked the earlier date that way if we get hit with bad WX there is a slight chance of being able to have this as an IFR flight in a plane without KI capability or be able to have a back up date a week or so out.

riight. i think ill put Chris Jones in charge of good weather, he does a pretty good job at that.

Dangit Tony, I only have so much weather ju-ju. Don't use it all up THIS year! ;)

Chris and I will most likely be able to come any of those dates. I vote for Dec 13th...I could use a rockin' party to go to on my birthday, but count us in for whatever works best for everyone else.

Huh... I guess I'll go along with what she said. :dunno: :rofl:

I won't be there, but hell, I saw my birthday, I had to vote!

I'd like to try to get up there. Would probably work it into a weekend where I also visit my nieces. Can't tell that far ahead when they will be available. I suggest you just pick one so we can try to get it on our calendars.

Best,

Dave

Back