Prebuy shop in San Diego for Skylane

Blueangel

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Scott
Looked at nice 1960 Cessna 182 Skylane for sale today at Crownair in San Diego. Want to do prebuy at different shop and looking for recommendations. Plane flies great and has a Garmin 530W and IFR current so perfect as first plane and to complete my instrument rating in.

Can you check if there are certified Cessna shops in the area.

Any experience with this shop at KMYF in San Diego? It is a Cessna Service Center:

Advanced Aircraft
http://advaircraft.com/

Would like to know how good they are for prebuys on Cessna aircraft.

Cessna Pilots Assn "approved" shops were always more heavily represented on the left coast due to their general proximity to their home field after they moved to Cali. Even with the death of John Frank, I'd bet they could suggest a pile of California mechanics who'd be good with Cessna work.

Thanks guys! I flew the Cessna 182c this weekend and while it has a few weird quirks like manual flaps versus electric flaps in later Skylane models, it flies smooth and started up quickly without issues. It does need some cosmetic work and eventually a new paint job but overall having a Garmin 530W and IFR is a plus for an older model. I noticed that it flies more sporty than newer Skylanes and the yoke is smaller and lighter than a later model.

Thanks guys! I flew the Cessna 182c this weekend and while it has a few weird quirks like manual flaps versus electric flaps in later Skylane models, it flies smooth and started up quickly without issues. It does need some cosmetic work and eventually a new paint job but overall having a Garmin 530W and IFR is a plus for an older model. I noticed that it flies more sporty than newer Skylanes and the yoke is smaller and lighter than a later model.
Manual/Johnson bar flaps are awesome.

I'd be looking for an APIA, not a business.

How'd it stall?

Thanks guys! I flew the Cessna 182c this weekend and while it has a few weird quirks like manual flaps versus electric flaps in later Skylane models,

I would call that a benefit, not a quirk... and I'm a Skylane owner.

+1 denverpilot yeah I like manual flaps. Used to have those on pipers I have flown before.

Back