Prebuy inspector

Jameson

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jguam317
Ive been looking into some used planes from all different parts of the country and i need a prebuy inspector to take a look at them. Does anyone know where i can find good mechanics to do this. I tried to look some places up online to find some but no luck. Let me know what to do.

Last edited:
You will play hell finding a prebuy inspector as most of us have some pretty bad experiences. Five years after the inspection somebody finds a corroded nut under the fifth layer of structure and wants you to pay for replacing it as you obviously did a lousy inspection. Besides, this doesn't belong in technical corner. Try "maintenance" and you may get more results.

Jim

Ive been looking into some used planes from all different parts of the country and i need a prebuy inspector to take a look at them. Does anyone know where i can find good mechanics to do this. I tried to look some places up online to find some but no luck. Let me know what to do.
Are they Learjets?

Just hire a local mechanic (not the owners mechanic) and have him look for corrosion and give it a compression test. Then go from there.

I used Savvy for three pre-buys. Cost a little $$ (welcome to plane ownership) but on the 2nd pre-buy it saved me a 50K engine so well worth the 750 bucks or so they charged.

I try to find a reputable shop in the area,that the plane is.also have my mechanic phone the shop doing the pre,buy with any questions. Always have my mechanic review the logs.

Back