Pre Solo Quiz Help

jssaylor2007

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
jssaylor2007
Hey everyone, my instructor told me to start studying for a "pre-solo" quiz.

He told me I should research 3 airports in the area; KCVN, KPRZ, and 2T1. I'm not 100% sure what he wants me to research for these airports as i dont have the test yet, but where would i find pattern procedures, LH or RH patterns, just general stuff.

I have foreflight downloaded, so if its in there somewhere let me know.

Is there a place to get a hard copy of the AFD? I'm looking at the AFD on foreflight, and i cant find what direction the traffic patterns go.

Hey everyone, my instructor told me to start studying for a "pre-solo" quiz. He told me I should research 3 airports in the area; KCVN, KPRZ, and 2T1. I'm not 100% sure what he wants me to research for these airports
Neither am I, so ask him. A pre-solo test doesn't usually cover much in the way of cross-country procedures, more on just the aircraft and local procedures.

I have foreflight downloaded, so if its in there somewhere let me know.
If you're asking about which way the pattern goes, yes, it's there in ForeFlight. It will be in the airport data block on the sectional map in the Maps section, and both under the Runways and A/FD tabs for the airport in the Airports section.

Last edited:
Is there a place to get a hard copy of the AFD? I'm looking at the AFD on foreflight, and i cant find what direction the traffic patterns go.
Should be in the Rwy line, just above the Airport Remarks section. But it's easier to find in the airport data block on the chart and the Runways tab for the airport. And if it says nothing about pattern direction, see 91.126(b)(1) in your FAR/AIM book.

Just guessing at what your CFI wants, but if I were researching an airport I'd want to know traffic pattern, radio frequencies, any NOTAMs, obstructions anywhere near, etc. I'd start with the AFD and follow that with a good look at the sectional. That's just me.

FAR 61.87(b) gives you a broad outline of what the quiz should contain. I agree with others who recommend the AFD...be sure to read every word of the legend pages in the front.

Bob Gardner

You're in Lubbock. Go over to hub city aviation and ask Louie if he has them or at least one you can look at.

Or at their FBO in the middle of the field... Forget the name

Back