Pre S Bonanza?

Nice spot, Henning.

DAMN!!!!!
What a sweet ride.

That IO520 is a little nicer than the O420 it had.

John

The only things it doesn't have is a Flight Director and a Sandel 3500 head. Word is it can be had for $95k.

It's higher than what I'm looking at.
However if the one I'm looking at this weekend falls through.......

John

I've got a '59 K35 with a 260 hp IO-470-N. Sweet handling, runs smooth and cool LOP with GAMI's. Most of my trips are at higher altitudes (10K+), cruise 156 KTAS @ average 12 gph including takeoff and climb, and that's with no speed mods. It holds 63 gallons usable (standard main and aux tanks), useful load is 900 pounds. I've posted some photos and stories about it at www.geocities.com/grumman365ps/bonanza1.

I recommend any prospective Bo pilot get a copy of Flying the Beech Bonanza by John C. Eckalbar, an thorough analysis of handling and performance characteristics of the entire Bonanza line.

-- Pilawt

Out of the few I have been looking at, a few of them have sold. So there is movement in the Bonanza market.

John

You should come to Houston Hobby on August 18... The 1940 Air Terminal Museum is hosting a Bonanza fly-in to celebrate the 60th anniversary of this design.

That building is very cool. I got to walk through it a few years ago and remember it well. If I remember correctly, there is a 58 with an IO520 in it next door at MillionAir.

John

The earlier the Bonanza, the lighter the controls feel. :) I've flown a very nice J35 that was just awesome.

I've not seen the 58 in question, but then again I haven't really toured MillionAir. We do have great working relationships with them and Continental, which has maintenance hangars on either side of the 1940 ATM. They've let us borrow their tug on many occasions to haul our Lodestar out to the ramp for special events when ours is broken down. There is a guy that has a gorgeous Staggerwing based at MillionAir, and once we build our hangar, he's going to move it up there so that when he's not flying it, it can be on static display for our visitors.

Back