Pre-purchase inspection.

Discussion in 'Maintenance Bay' started by Firepac, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skip Miller

Skip Miller Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Skip Miller
    I rarely post in threads like this but I have to point out that your quote above is a totally incorrect statement. Liability is not dependent on insurance. The aggrieved pilot's ability to collect any judgment may well be dependent on insurance, although I am sure that somewhere there is a mechanic or maintenance shop who/that has sufficient unprotected assets to NOT be judgment proof. Go find him or that shop and sue away.

There are a lot of uncollectible judgments out there just waiting in case the losing party somehow comes into money....

-Skip

2. FlyingElvii

FlyingElvii Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    flyingElvii
    Got lucky on my prepurchase, found an expert on that plane and rotax about an hour away.
    He found a couple of issues that the well-known and reputable seller fixed at a cost of around 8AMU’s.

Quite happy with it so far, and it was money well spent. Should be home and in a hangar by this weekend, weather cooperating.

3. donjohnston

donjohnston Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    Don
    An annual on a Cirrus averages about $8K???

:eek:

4. danhagan

danhagan Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    danhagan
    The "boutique" shops will charge extra and run up repairs in short order as they represent the buyer (helps the buyer get a better price). I used FletchAIR when I bought my Tiger and my buyer wanted to use them as well when I SOLD my Tiger. My maintenance is always to the max, so basically they had a zero list when I sold my Tiger (which I thought was a miracle). They did produce a list of "nice things to consider for the future" that were not airworthy issues.

5. Firepac

Firepac Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Firepac
    Being held liable is not the same as suing.

6. Pilots Of America Management

Pilots Of America Management MC Announcements and Communication Management Council Member

Display Name:

Display name:
    Pilots of America Management
    Thread locked by vote of the MC. Personal attacks were deleted.

Rgbeard and Ryanb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.