Pre-Order your Surface tablet!!!

Still not sure about the RT approach. If I were going to buy a MS tablet over any of the other tablets, it would be for the advantage of being able to run all the Microsoft software.

If I am not mistaken, the RT tablets won't do that. It will only run applications compiled for RT.

Interesting that they are wifi only, and 10 inch only. I wonder if asus will release a win 8 tab, perhaps called Nuxes.

All win8 tablets will be delayed due to schedule slips in some major component suppliers. Think Dec.

MS Surface will have some serious competition. Wait before you buy. Check out the HP Envy x2. It looks good and comes with the keyboard. Asus will also have several versions but as with MS, the keyboard sold separately. With MS, the KB is just the KB, but Asus and HP add more i/o ports and battery life.

Believe it or not, these types of devices actually cost this much to manufacture. The big dollars go to Intel and Microsoft for the CPU and the OS. Everyone else dosent make squat.

BTW, the $499 surface runs Win RT (not win8) you will put out a lot more $ for the Win8 version.

...the weird thing... the Surface Tablet DOES NOT HAVE A GPS!!! While you could still go with a Bluetooth GPS, that kinda throws a wet blanket on aviation app development. There will be other Win8/RT hardware, however.

...the weird thing... the Surface Tablet DOES NOT HAVE A GPS!!! While you could still go with a Bluetooth GPS, that kinda throws a wet blanket on aviation app development. There will be other Win8/RT hardware, however.

Au Contrare, I prefer using a WAAS Bluetooth device, and next I will get the Stratus device for ADS B in. I want my antenna where it has the best view and my monitor where I can view it best. That may be in the footwell of the right seat. That is not conducive to good sat reception. The lach of a cheap GPS chipset is no detractor to me at all. I so hope the Surface 8 Pro will give me what I want because I want to give my iPad to my dad then.

Yeah waiting to see what Surface Pro brings. Or possibly one of the Lenovo offerings.

Did Foreflight work on the iPad 1 when it first came out?

Actually, yes. From day 1. ForeFlight was developed for iOS on the iPhone before the iPad came out, and there was enough time for developers to modify their views to the 1024x768 resolution of the original iPad, submit the new version and have it approved before the iPad was released, and that's exactly what ForeFlight did. So yes, ForeFlight worked on the iPad 1 from day 1. In fact, I think it was the first iPad app I downloaded ever.

Back