Pre Medical Question Student Pilot

Jfly67

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
James Williams
I am getting ready to fill out my medical for class 3 and go to the AME for an exam. I was told to talk to someone if there was anything in my medical that could cause an issue.

Last year I was hospitalized 3 timesin 90 days for diverticulitis and then had surgery to remove a small section of my colon to correct the issue(colectomy). Will this be an issue and do or can I do anything up front to get an approval directly from the AME or does this have to go to the FAA ? I am problem free and not on any medications or restrictions.

I am getting ready to fill out my medical for class 3 and go to the AME for an exam. I was told to talk to someone if there was anything in my medical that could cause an issue.

Last year I was hospitalized 3 timesin 90 days for diverticulitis and then had surgery to remove a small section of my colon to correct the issue(colectomy). Will this be an issue and do or can I do anything up front to get an approval directly from the AME or does this have to go to the FAA ? I am problem free and not on any medications or restrictions.
Ask for a consult, not the class 3, to learn what paperwork you’ll need. The get all the paperwork and ducks in a line, then go for the Class 3.

should be no problem. I would review your records, meds etc and issue your certificate.

jfly67, this might not even require more than a pathology report...and a "I'm done with you" surgical note...which I think you already have :)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back