Practice

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I am going to be giving someone a simulated ASR approach tomorrow, does anyone have a link to an audio or written example?
Thanks.

If you can find a copy of "Strategic Air Command," starring the Convair B-36, co-starring the Boeing B-47, and featuring Jimmy Stewart in a major supporting role (i.e., flying the B-36 and B-47), there's a pretty good sequence (including all the radio calls) of a PAR approach near the end of the movie. Just drop the glide path calls, and you have an ASR.

Ron Levy said:
If you can find a copy of "Strategic Air Command," starring the Convair B-36, co-starring the Boeing B-47, and featuring Jimmy Stewart in a major supporting role (i.e., flying the B-36 and B-47), there's a pretty good sequence (including all the radio calls) of a PAR approach near the end of the movie. Just drop the glide path calls, and you have an ASR.

If I could only find a copy where they cut out the scenes with his whining wife, I'd buy it. She practically ruins the movie. Forget her name, thankfully.

Thanks, no glide path calls - but I will give step downs and when to commence descent to mda. Dont I also give distances from faf, map. I think I am also supposed to say, cant remember the wording, 'no further responses to my transmissions until map' early on. Probably need the controller bible to get the proper frazeology. Where is JasonHPN?

Let'sgoflying! said:
Thanks, no glide path calls - but I will give step downs and when to commence descent to mda. Dont I also give distances from faf, map. I think I am also supposed to say, cant remember the wording, 'no further responses to my transmissions until map' early on. Probably need the controller bible to get the proper frazeology. Where is JasonHPN?

The controller's "bible" is at
http://www.faa.gov/atpubs/ATC/Chp5/atc0512.html

Back