PPL - St. Louis Area

F

Fiasco

My brother is coming back from Afghanistan in about 25 days (Chinook Pilot) and is set to retire from the Army soon. I have another brother who is interested in getting his PPL as well.

Between the three of us we are looking at purchasing a 172 or similar. (My military brother was an A&P for the first ten years or so of his military career).

I read that skyline in St. Louis closed it's door last year. Are there other training programs for PPL at Spirit airport (St. Louis)?

What is the approximate cost to get my PPL?

I paid $8K about 10 years ago. That didn't include aircraft rental, but did include maintenance and upkeep. If you purchase your own airplane (highly recommended) all you need to find is a CFI, and I imagine there are a few in the St. Louis area, though I certainly don't know who they are. A local EAA chapter might be a good place to check.

Oh, and welcome to POA. Don't get a Skyhawk, their overpriced and the wings are in the wrong place. Cherokees rock!

Give me a PM with your number and I'll hook you up with a CFI that works out of Spirit and Sullivan. Sullivan also has hangars available and will be much cheaper than Spirit.

Give me a PM with your number and I'll hook you up with a CFI that works out of Spirit and Sullivan. Sullivan also has hangars available and will be much cheaper than Spirit.

Sullivan would definatley be doable. That's the same distance since I'm right off 44 in the Fenton area.

Ill take you up on the PM at a later time Dean after my brother gets back and we have a chance to all get together and talk about this.

I'm pretty sure the high vs low wing argument is basically the Godwin of pilot boards :/ Once someone brings it up, they automagically lose.

Back