PPL/IR Training In South Florida

Abe R.

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Abe R.
Hi all, first poster. Just moved to sunny South Florida. I did most of my PPL training at FRG in Long Island NY, and now looking to complete my PPL. I am looking for recommendations as to a good airport/school to train at and prep for my checkride.

The field closest to me is LNA, but can travel down to Pompano or FXE if it means a better school/safer environment. Even though it was hectic and busy at times, I always felt in good hands with the ATC at FRG, and very safe in the delta airspace. I have heard some horror stories about LNA, but not sure if they're true/warranted.

What do you guys recommend?

I think @alphadog (banned maybe? hope he's ok) was based at LNA. I just flew in there last week and have been there a few times. it's a zoo as far as training flights go but it's cool. also a few years ago I got checked out in an archer and flew with one of skywalker aviation's cfi's and he was great. I 'think' his name was Phil, I don't remember and who knows if he's even still there. no idea if this is helpful or not.

Back