PPL Checkride Tuesday

Ah, I'd taken my wife skydiving on one of our first dates and she loves riding two-up on the motorcycle (though has no real interest in going solo) and she'd also gone along with my CFI once, so she was pretty stoked then disappointed. Due to - whatever - it was another week until took her and my dad up. Mom on the other hand has been on the bike once but has ZERO interest in flying with me.

So, where's your flight? How's the outlook brief looking?

I'm starting at 5 pm tomorrow from KSET. Weather generally looks good. Im going to get the brief tomorrow morning since I'm an evening flight.

Good think your ride is tomorrow...

Look's like the POTUS is headed your way Thursday

upload_2018-7-23_13-31-9.png

BTW; mentioning to the DPE that you are aware of this TFR but it not affecting the flight might gain a bonus point or two

Demonstrating to the examiner that you did check all items that affect your flight (aka FAR 91.103)

BTW; mentioning to the DPE that you are aware of this TFR but it not affecting the flight might gain a bonus point or two

Demonstrating to the examiner that you did check all items that affect your flight (aka FAR 91.103)

I saw that TFR this morning! I am thinking about skipping out at lunch Thursday to go see Air Force one if I can.

Ground control to @LoLPilot
Ground control to LoLPilot
Take your protein pills and put your headset on
(10) Ground control (9) to LoLPilot (8)
(7...6) Commencing countdown (5) engine on (4)
(3...2) Check ignition (1) and may the (Cleared for takeoff) force be with you

This is ground control to LoLPilot, you've really made the grade
And the FAA want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the pattern if you dare

This is LoLPilot to ground control, I'm climbing through the altitude
And I'm flying in a most peculiar way
And the clouds look very different today
Here am I sitting in a spam can far, above the world
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do

@LoLPilot

source.gif

Ok so first of all I love "Space Oddity" and that is awesome! I'm screenshotting that.

I AM freaking out a bit but I did get more than 5.5 hrs of sleep last night. I did wake up a lot and have weird dreams. My ride is at 2200Z (1700 local) so I haven't done the wind and speed portion of my flight plan yet. I am going to pull weather here in a bit. Outlook brief last night looked good and the TAF looks promising. Good visibility, few at 4500 with high ceilings, winds from the north at 7-9 kts.

Ok so first of all I love "Space Oddity" and that is awesome! I'm screenshotting that
Song parodies are fun to do.

Which is another reason you need to come to Gaston's. I don't play an instrument, but can work up the lyrics... need you to provide the tunes

I can't link to a silly .gif (maybe after this post?), but just wanted to say good luck, we're all counting on you.

I can't link to a silly .gif (maybe after this post?), but just wanted to say good luck, we're all counting on you.

I think there is a low end post count that you have to reach before you can post links and files. Keeps the riff raft out. Post more.

Oh, and hurry it up OP and give us a write up.

T minus 55 minutes and counting

And I just remembered that @write-stuff and his crew made the mock oral exam video a few months ago. Shoulda provided that link. They did a good job with that

We shoulda asked for his tail#... then we could have attempted some following of Flight Aware....

Or listened in on the local frequencies

maybe he had a beer before the flight to calm his nerves...…...oh wait....

Celebrating with the wife and fam before us PoA’ers.... sheesh. Priorities people!!!

All this effort to earn a lousy bit of paper and a green plastic card....

Where are our priorities?

Outstanding LOL!!! I’ll be anxiously awaiting your write up. Hopefully my check ride is coming up in the very near future!

Back