PP-ASEL New Type No Checkout

There was a guy that said I could fly his ercoupe anytime I wanted. I thought about it, but the plane never flew, just sat between annuals. I was worried something would break and I would feel responsible to have it fixed.

I have 0 time in a ercoupe, but I would have given it a try if the plane had been flow accationally.

There was a guy that said I could fly his ercoupe anytime I wanted. I thought about it, but the plane never flew, just sat between annuals. I was worried something would break and I would feel responsible to have it fixed.

I have 0 time in a ercoupe, but I would have given it a try if the plane had been flow accationally.
Landing in a crab (assuming it's not a standard Ercoupe)is weird enough for most of us that a CFI is not a bad idea even, or maybe especially, for those with a lot of experience in other types.

It would depend on how different the airplane was from the twenty or thirty types in my logbook. If glass, it would depend on whether it was Garmin where I have lots of time or something else I've never flown.

I would also be more prone to fly it if I had another pilot in the right seat. Even if he/she had no more familiarity with the airplane than I did, the backup and cross-check benefits would be significant.

I once declined a 1500 mile delivery flight in a glass DA-40 because the salesman insisted that I leave the next day and I had never flown the panel or the type. Too much risk of encountering weather, cockpit overload, extra fatigue due to unfamiliarity, etc.

Let peek in my logbook,
aircraft I have flown without a flight Check.
SGS 1-26
HP11
HP14
Callair A-6
GN-1 Air Camper
PA22
11AC
7FC
RV6A
Stin108-1
Stin108-3
PA25-235