PP-ASEL Checkride Passed!

inav8r

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mike B.
It was 93F outside, I think I lost 10 pounds and my instructor asked me if I had just got out of a pool when the DE and I got back to the FBO!

The oral portion was a breeze for me. I studied and knew the material that I was questioned about pretty well I feel. I got confused on altitudes that require O2, but guessed and got them right.

The check ride itself was really through. As soon as we finished one manuver we started the next - there was no dilly dally time at all (with the temps as they were!). It was a little bumpy but my flying was really good - and I feel I did well - noting was ever in doubt!

It's a huge relief and I'm glad I did it! :) :)

inav8r said:
It was 93F outside, I think I lost 10 pounds and my instructor asked me if I had just got out of a pool when the DE and I got back to the FBO!

The oral portion was a breeze for me. I studied and knew the material that I was questioned about pretty well I feel. I got confused on altitudes that require O2, but guessed and got them right.

The check ride itself was really through. As soon as we finished one manuver we started the next - there was no dilly dally time at all (with the temps as they were!). It was a little bumpy but my flying was really good - and I feel I did well - noting was ever in doubt!

Congratulations ! Have fun & be safe...

Congratulations! Everyone speaks of how big the first solo is (it is!) but for me, the check ride was the real milestone. To be validated by an FAA Designated Examiner, what a validation! Ah yes, I remember mine welll.... (then again, it was not quite 3 months ago! B) ). Enjoy your new freedom. In case you're interrested in when the nifty plastic "permanent" license arrives, here's a link to the site that states which date's temporary certificates are being processed and mailed that week (note, they tend to only change the date late Friday, so the weekend is a good time to check on it). Typically has been running +or - 60 days, way less than the 120 days stated on the temp.
FAA Airmen Certification.
So, now the real learning begins! Enjoy :D

Welcome to the ranks, Pilot! Congrats Mike. Use your ticket well and safely!

inav8r said:

Congratulations! Have fun and be safe.
Gary

I remember my first checkride well, it will be 30 years this August 27th. We talked about how to brief passengers on seatbelts and opening the door in the event of an emergency landing and stuff. Upon liftoff it quickly became known that the DE's seatbelt was outside the aircraft. Luckily my CFI had instructed me on how to handle this. I placed the airplane in a slip, opened the door, he pulled the belt in and buckled it as I was saying, I thought we talked about this.
The debrief consisted of one sentence; Good job and from now on you look to see that all sefetybelts are buckled.

Congratulations on your ride!

silver-eagle said:
Congratulations Mike. Now, go get a pax and a fun place to fly. Have a ball.
I waited until late this afternoon and took the wife out for two trips around the pattern. She had a great time and it was awesome to share that moment with her! :yes:

Congratulations Mike! With any luck I'll be next (ride set for next Saturday).

Elizabeth

Great job!!
WELCOME

w00t!! You sir, are now teh win!!

How freaking awesome is it to have that piece of paper, eh? Greatest damn feeling in the world I'll bet. It was for me.

Now - do something with it - celebrate - go somewhere - you earned it!

Congrats, Mike, go for some fun flights, take friends and family for rides, enjoy!

Nice job. After all the distractions you had the last few weeks with the plane, it must feel great to get it done! Congratulations.

Jim G

Hey Mike, did I mention on the phone when you called?

Congratulations! :)

Great news, Mike, congratulations! Isn't it the best feeling to fly where you want, when you want? Fly safe and keep on learning.

T Bone said:
In case you're interrested in when the nifty plastic "permanent" license arrives, here's a link to the site that states which date's temporary certificates are being processed and mailed that week (note, they tend to only change the date late Friday, so the weekend is a good time to check on it). Typically has been running +or - 60 days, way less than the 120 days stated on the temp.
FAA Airmen Certification.
So, now the real learning begins! Enjoy :D
Grrr, the FAA has been stalled on 5/31 for the past couple of weeks now :( I wonder if Oshkosh has affected this any!?!

In the immortal words of Austin Powers:

YEAH, BABY!

Congrats Mike. Take some tylenol because your face'll hurt from grinning so much.

-Rich

Oops, shouda paid attention to the subject line! You all gave me congrats a month ago - no need to repeat them. I was just venting my frustration with the FAA site moving slowly after it had appeared to be moving fast.

inav8r said:
Grrr, the FAA has been stalled on 5/31 for the past couple of weeks now :( I wonder if Oshkosh has affected this any!?!

I think they do that just to mess with you.

inav8r said:

Ah, I remember that feeling ;) . The date actually jumped backwards 5 days once when I was checking it frequently! Rest assured, they'll get to you, and it will probably be another month or so yet. But it will come :yes:

Back