Powertow gas or 100LL???

Twin_Flyer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Twin_Flyer
Just got a 40EZ and the manual says I can burn either fuel. The 100LL will burn in the cylinder heads sooner...o_O Don't know if that's good or bad...:eek: So what are you all using in your tugs???:confused::confused::confused:

I run 100LL in all my small non emissions engines that don't burn through tons of fuel, if it might take a while to burn a tank 100LL is great for that.

My mowers, chain saws, etc all run 100LL

I run premium (no ethanol) mogas and dump the sump drain 100LL into a small container which I periodically empty into my Supertow.

I have no clue what "100LL will burn in the cylinder heads sooner" means but I have my doubts about the correctness. 100LL doesn't have more appreciable energy than 87 octane car gas. The powertow isn't going to have high enough compression that the octane is going to make a difference. The real issue is the boatload of lead in the 100LL which can foul plugs and otherwise cause problems.

I dumped the fuel from the airplane sumps into the Powertow. Never had an issue with it in 12 years.

IMO, If you don't need the lead, don't dump it in the engine. It just causes problems.

I have no clue what "100LL will burn in the cylinder heads sooner" means but I have my doubts about the correctness. 100LL doesn't have more appreciable energy than 87 octane car gas. The powertow isn't going to have high enough compression that the octane is going to make a difference. The real issue is the boatload of lead in the 100LL which can foul plugs and otherwise cause problems.

:yeahthat: I'm with you on this one. It is vague to say the least with no explanation. Just the one statement...:eek:

Back