Power of this community: PIPER CHEROKEE 140

ILM_Patrick

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ILM_Patrick
Power of this community is great! The ability to connect with each other has already opened a few doors for my journey to flight.

I have ZERO experience with a yoke in my hands, however I have flown privately/commercially as a passenger over 5,000 hours in business between many trips to Europe & Asia. Not the same, I understand.

My son and I have recently gained a lot of interest in flying, as it is his "What I want to be when I grow up" I love the adventure, so I was an easy sell.

I've read countless posts, and made a few myself, and came across another POA user, who just happens to live in my area, in fact, his daughter and my son are in the same class. (small world)

Next Friday, we going Flying! [woot woot] I could not be more excited. We are taking up a Cherokee 140 (if the weather is nice) So as a testament of this community, and the ability to connect people, and grow the community of aviation altogether, THANK YOU!

Dang hooked already and ya haven't slip the surely bounds of gravity yet. Think that's how it goes. It's Saturday, who cares anyway.

Enjoy your flight in the mighty 140. Please report back on how it went.

My first flight ever was in a 140, courtesy of my father's flight instructor, and that was 50 years ago. Good to see they're still giving people their first flights.

Last edited:
So far I've given 7 people their first flights ever in my Cherokee 140. She may be slow but she's mine and I never had an unhappy human passenger.

I got my ppl in my Dad's 140 and i've given a few rides in it as well. They seem to be underappreciated especially compared to 172s.

Back