Power Curve in the mind of an average pilot of America

Select an accurate statement about the Power Curve

• Front of the Power Curve is faster than Vbg and the back is slower than Vbg

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Front of the Power Curve is faster than Vx and the back is slower than Vx

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Power Curve is a figment of imagination of engineers and pilots need not to know about it

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Front of the Power Curve is where you pitch for speed and power for alittude

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Back side of the Power Curve is slow, close to stalling, with a high AOA, near the ground

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

zaitcev

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Pete Zaitcev
I have collected most of these responses at a forum for pilots that I and Steingar frequent. I wish this was a joke.

P.S. They also have one smart guy who only challenges others' definitions but is careful enough not to define what he thinks a Power Curve is. That's what you call an experienced user of Internet, scarred by many a forum battle.

Last edited:
I gave at the office.

Simple really

If your plane mushes out and rolls over on base to final, you most likely met the low end, you're spin recovery at 400 AGL will most likely fail.

If parts of the plane fall off and a few seconds earlier someone was asked to hold your beer, you've probably exceeded Vne, the rumbling just prior was probably flutter.

Heard of "Tower of Power" band, but "Power Curve", nope, don't recall that group. Is that 6PC's metal band by chance?

'back side' and 'power curve' has BSDM connotations.

I prefer being on top of the power curve.

Before I cast my vote, are we talking about the Power curve or the Thrust curve?

My power curve

546acaf25712e_-_ct_best_production_drift_car_005-lg.jpg

Back