Pounds per Horsepower Listing

Don't make me remove my restrictor plate, install a different redrive ratio and change the chips in the MSD box from 4400 to 10,000 rpm......

Hmmm.. lets see 840 hp divided by a lighly loaded number of 1500 lbs......

Naw.... can't be right..:no::nonod::yikes:

Don't make me remove my restrictor plate, install a different redrive ratio and change the chips in the MSD box from 4400 to 10,000 rpm......

That would be fun, although I think you might have a slight reduction in reliability. ;)

Ben, Ben, ben....your goal is to make thrust exceed weight.

Ben, Ben, ben....your goal is to make thrust exceed weight.

I think he'd be there at that point, or at least darn close!

So flying it is good training for OEI in the Baron? :)
Actually, the Baron on one (with my engine upgrade) is close to one lb/hp less than the Porterfield on one.:D The wing loading in the Porterfield is a bit less though.

The 150 horse Cessna 177 being about the same as a Cessna 150M but with a thin "Mooney-like" wing, its obvious why they are underpowered.

Actually, the Baron on one (with my engine upgrade) is close to one lb/hp less than the Porterfield on one.:D The wing loading in the Porterfield is a bit less though.

I realized that after I hit post. Similar on the 310 - 17.3 b/hp on one. As you'd expect, it performs similar to a 150.

Back