Potentially Forced Into HIMS Due To A Tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely won't blackball you, just send you on down the road with all the other internet idiots who don't know who, or what, they are talking about.

Lol, so how am I idiot? Because I find it ****ing disgusting to screw with a airman over a frickin’ tattoo?

No, I don’t know the man,....

Many of us do know him, and you’re quite wrong about him. Bruce is certainly not in this for money. He’s comfortably retired and doing AME stuff to help airmen. Consequently he has no incentive to put up with any crap.

You make many good points about the brokenness of the FAA medical system, but you’re way off base about Dr. Bruce.

Lol, so how am I idiot? Because I find it ****ing disgusting to screw with a airman over a frickin’ tattoo?

Because you are on tilt and attacking someone's honesty and integrity when he is just providing factual information. Furthermore, your allegations are easily proven false. The only reason Dr Chien takes ANY money is to legally establish a doctor-patient relationship, otherwise he is just some guy on the internet giving advice.

You would be well served to just drop out of this thread and take your lumps.

Otherwise, I'd suggest you look up what the sound "plonk" means in the context of the internet...

Many of us do know him, and you’re quite wrong about him. Bruce is certainly not in this for money. He’s comfortably retired and doing AME stuff to help airmen. Consequently he has no incentive to put up with any crap.

You make many good points about the brokenness of the FAA medical system, but you’re way off base about Dr. Bruce.

Perhaps it’s just with how he comes off online without having met him in person?

Last edited:
Because you are on tilt and attacking someone's honesty and integrity when he is just providing factual information. Furthermore, your allegations are easily proven false. The only reason Dr Chien takes ANY money is to legally establish a doctor-patient relationship, otherwise he is just some guy on the internet giving advice.

You would be well served to just drop out of this thread and take your lumps.

Otherwise, I'd suggest you look up what the sound "plonk" means in the context of the internet...

You need to stop with your line of telling me how I’d be “well served to..”

Got a strange obsession with me, with your little half threats, both here in and PMs.

If I said something was false, feel free to prove it, I’ll wait.

Bruce doesn't set FAA medical policy; his role is to let people know how the FAA medical folks operate, what they expect, what an applicant's chances are, and how to improve those chances if there is a way. I say this based on personal experience using his services, as well as what many others here and on other message boards have reported from doing the same over the years.

Bruce is not the one screwing with an airman over a tattoo; the FAA is (allegedly).

You need to stop with your line of telling me how I’d be “well served to..”

Got a strange obsession with me, with your little half threats, both here in and PMs.

If I said something was false, feel free to prove it, I’ll wait.
I looked up "plonk," and he appears to be referring to its usage on Usenet. It appears to be nothing more than someone announcing that they have put another poster on ignore.

To me that doesn't sound like much of a threat.

https://www.definitions.net/definition/PLONK

The only reason Dr Chien takes ANY money is to legally establish a doctor-patient relationship, otherwise he is just some guy on the internet giving advice.
I don't know Bruce from Adam, and i don't know where this comes from, but it's not accurate. No money need change hands to create a doctor-patient relationship.

I looked up "plonk," and he appears to be referring to its usage on Usenet. It appears to be nothing more than someone announcing that they have put another poster on ignore.

To me that doesn't sound like much of a threat.

https://www.definitions.net/definition/PLONK

I clearly said, even put it in quotes, it was the how I would be “best to” or I would be “best served to” BS that is getting a little long in the tooth, judging by his profile photo he doesn’t exactly look like a real threat, however his line of “you’d be best served to”, especially in unsolicited PMs, it’s annoying

I don't know Bruce from Adam, and i don't know where this comes from, but it's not accurate. No money need change hands to create a doctor-patient relationship.

You're correct, it's not the only way. But paying for services outside the exam makes it unquestionable.

An AME doing an exam does not work for you, they work for the FAA and there is no duty of care. If you aren't paying them and you're discussing a pending exam, you need to recognize there is no confidentiality required. It's like talking to an off duty police officer about a crime. Making a payment 100% establishes the relationship.

You're correct, it's not the only way. But paying for services outside the exam makes it unquestionable.

An AME doing an exam does not work for you, they work for the FAA and there is no duty of care. If you aren't paying them and you're discussing a pending exam, you need to recognize there is no confidentiality required. It's like talking to an off duty police officer about a crime. Making a payment 100% establishes the relationship.

So you’re saying it’s ok to pay off the cops? Like, how much? Does it need to be in a paper bag or is an envelope better? What if it’s Bitcoin? Thumb drive or just an encryption key? Seems like online would be safer with Omicron raging. Maybe Venmo or PayPal Friends & Family would be smartest.

So you’re saying it’s ok to pay off the cops? Like, how much? Does it need to be in a paper bag or is an envelope better? What if it’s Bitcoin? Thumb drive or just an encryption key? Seems like online would be safer with Omicron raging. Maybe Venmo or PayPal Friends & Family would be smartest.
Come on. You are better than that. You know that isn't what he meant or said. Perhaps you forgot to use a green font or put a winky face after your post.

I have only put one person on ignore, but I removed the ignore quickly. It was because they used "So, what you are saying. . ." once too often for me.

no.

Come on. You are better than that. You know that isn't what he meant or said. Perhaps you forgot to use a green font or put a winky face after your post.

I have only put one person on ignore, but I removed the ignore quickly. It was because they used "So, what you are saying. . ." once too often for me.

So, what you are saying is that you thought my comment was serious? I don’t know what your green font is all about. I’m not on FaceBookSpace or InstaTok. Gotta run- the cops are here to pick up their checks. Don’t wanna keep ‘em waiting.

(This thread stopped being about a tattoo a looooooong time ago.) Winky face!

Well, that escalated quickly...
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back