posting pics

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Any way to post an image from my hard drive? Do I need to down size it?

Thanks,

Dave:confused:

Dave Siciliano said:
Any way to post an image from my hard drive? Do I need to down size it?

Thanks,

Dave:confused:
When posting, go down to "Manage Attachments" and press the button. In the new popup, browse to your pic, hit the upload button and close the window when you're finished. You can upload more than one at a time.

Not sure what the limit is. I'd recommend keeping pics under 200k at the top end. Large pics just require scrolling left to right and make it difficult to view on smaller monitors.

Brian Austin said:
When posting, go down to "Manage Attachments" and press the button. In the new popup, browse to your pic, hit the upload button and close the window when you're finished. You can upload more than one at a time.

Not sure what the limit is. I'd recommend keeping pics under 200k at the top end. Large pics just require scrolling left to right and make it difficult to view on smaller monitors.

Brian, is there anyway to make a link for the picture to open up in a new window instead of the whole picture being in the post itself? Seems like I saw somebody do that a few days ago, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Diana said:
Brian, is there anyway to make a link for the picture to open up in a new window instead of the whole picture being in the post itself? Seems like I saw somebody do that a few days ago, but I can't figure out how to do it.

In the early versions of this site, we had photos set up to spawn a new window vs inline like it is now. I think it's a system-wide setup, however, vs individually.

Chuck will see this post and have a better idea.

Basically we have three options for how attachments are displayed:
1) As a link, all the time
2) In the post if there is only one, otherwise links
3) In the post

I had originally had something set wrong where option 2 wasn't working - but really I'm not happy with any. I'd MUCH rather the user have the choice to say show this in the post or show this as a thumbnail or link.

I'll have to look into what modifications are available for that. :)

Greebo said:
Basically we have three options for how attachments are displayed:
1) As a link, all the time
2) In the post if there is only one, otherwise links
3) In the post

I had originally had something set wrong where option 2 wasn't working - but really I'm not happy with any. I'd MUCH rather the user have the choice to say show this in the post or show this as a thumbnail or link.

I'll have to look into what modifications are available for that. :)

Thanks Chuck, I'm not really good with this computer stuff and thought maybe it was just me.

:)

Back