Post your flight bag and what you like/dislike about it

I use a clear beach bag (as suggested to me by Moxie many moons ago).:wink2:
cause with out having to dig around, You can see at a glance where the item you seek is..:wink2:
Yep, I love that I can find stuff at a glance. Plus, it's a backpack and waterproof. :) And, Anthony likes it. :D

Attachments

• flight bag.JPG
    flight bag.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 20
My current flight bag (Sportys headset bag). With the purchase of our plane I no longer have to haul my 496 and all my charts. This bag is compact, sturdy, and fits the mission. I had a flight bag fettish, man I had a boat load of them until I finally settled on this one. It was good to clean out the office closet!!

Flight stuff

I try and keep it simple:

Headset
iPad
led flashlights (2)
pens
spare AA batteries
gum
knee board
hand held radio

Attachments

• flight bag 3.jpg
    flight bag 3.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 12
  • flight bag 3a.jpg
    flight bag 3a.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yep, I love that I can find stuff at a glance. Plus, it's a backpack and waterproof. :) And, Anthony likes it. :D

Yes I do! As I said before. You need to market a clear hand bag for woman so finding something isn't an hour long ordeal. "Black Holes" have nothing on them. :D

I'm still using a Sporty's bag that I bought when I started many moons ago. Still looks, and works great. Its go space for two headsets, a handheld, and pretty large internal compartment.

Gary, I really like yours, and probably could downsize a bit.

I use one of those canvas cloth shopping bags that are supposed to replace paper and plastic. They're about as roomy as a helmet bag and cost only about 2 bucks. There's room for a flashlight, E6B, plotter, clipboard, charts, an old surplus C-clamp headset and a ziploc sandwich bag to carry a couple of plastic pencils and an eraser.

I have a Victorinox small briefcase which holds my laptop, my iPad, miscellaneous chargers, spare glasses, battery, pens, and the airplane keys.

The rest of the junk (headsets, etc...) lives in the plane.

I use Sporty's VFR flight bag.. I have two sets of D.C.s, a small GPS, charts, airport directories, etc and it fits it all pretty well.

I keep every thing in the plane except the iPad and my DC headset, one of my favorite perks of ownership. During my rental days I would carry a Sporty's bag and before that a military helmet bag from the surplus store.

Back