Post Solo PIC Logging

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Can someone point out the FAR that covers logging PIC time during primary training once you've soloed? My searching for this is not working today.

My question is: Once you've soloed, you're pretty much the sole manipulator for the remainder of your training. Does any of that time count toward PIC? Or just the time that your out practicing without the CFI on board?

(PS. to Ron Levy -- Yes, you did answer this question by email recently. But I didn't archive that message, dagnammit)

61.51(e)(i) and 61.51(e)(ii).

61.51(e)(ii) applies when you are solo. 61.51(e)(i) applies to the sole manipulator for which the pilot is rated. In the case of a student pilot, he is not yet rated so this does not apply.

Bottom line, PIC for solo time, but not for sole manipulator time.

Does that make sense?

61.51(e)(ii) applies when you are solo. 61.51(e)(i) applies to the sole manipulator for which the pilot is rated. In the case of a student pilot, he is not yet rated so this does not apply.

Does that make sense?

Perfect sense, but I bet we can make this thread go three pages anyway. ;)

Does that make sense?

Yup. Thanks!

You mean the same regulation one that covers every logging PIC question ever asked (and 99% of all the rest of the time logging questions)? Shocking!

Back